cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have changed from Telus to Public Mobile. Transaction on line was successful. However after 7 hoursW

Nadia321
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

15 REPLIES 15

Nadia321

No message was received from Telus. Once we activated the PM SIM card yesterday, Telus service was disconnected. The PM message even this morning reads “not registered on network “. Have tried the PM SIM card on another phone, still same msg of not registered on network. We have a ticket, and hopefully this problem can get resolved successfully. We will refer what you advise about need to re-provision the sim card

@Nadia321 wrote:

No message was received from Telus

@Nadia321 - you never received a SMS text on the Telus sim card? Is that what you mean?

Are you using the same phone you were using with Telus? 

With an activated Public Mobile SIM card in your phone you should be able to have some services working.

If no services whatsoever after a restarted of the phone and perhaps a reset of the device's network settings, then submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

If you are using a 'new to you phone' check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Nadia321

Thank you, I will refer to the support person what you recommend.

@Nadia321   

is it showing not connected to PM network? any error on the phone status bar on top?

yes, it look like a sim card provisioning problem at the moment.  Please check your Community inbox for PM support's reply

You might want to message them again and ask for status update

Nadia321

We have submitted a ticket. Hopefully today we can resolve this issue.

Still, not able to call out, nor receive calls, nor any texts. “ not registered on network”. What to do next. Is there a tel # where I can speak to someone directly. 

@Nadia321   can you confirm if you can make outgoing calls or not?  that is critical in terms of where to check from here

If you cannot even make outgoing calls, it is not just porting issue but a sim card provisioning issue.   You will need support to re-provision your sim card first , then we can confirm if porting was completed 

Nadia321

No message was received from Telus

Nadia321

The message on the phone is “not registered on network” 

So are you stating that PM ported your number here without an active account?

That cannot be done... in order for the porting to occur here, it needs to be done to an active Public Mobile account, which means the SIM card would have had to be attached to an active PM account.

Is there something we're missing here?

@Nadia321   as mentioned in your other post and earlier, this is an sim card provisioning issue now, please open ticket with PM support and they can re-provision the card 

details on how to open ticket  are my reply above

Nadia321

We contacted porting assistance. He manually authorized transfer from Telus to PM. So, porting has been done.  However! Now we need to activate PM SIM card on existing PM tel #. What assistance can we get on how to proceed. Thank you

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nadia321 

Sounds to me like you have no service, or only partial services.

Usually when newly activated, the last services to complete are incoming calls.

If so, do you recall replying "yes" to the port authorization text you would have received from TELUS?

If not, I will send you a phone number to call to complete the port. Check your private message box upper right envelope icon for the phone number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Nadia321 first, tell us if you can make outgoing calls or not 

if you cannot even make outgoing calls, it is a sim provisioning issue and you need to open ticket with PM support for them to re-provision your sim .  Check how to open ticket with PM at the end of my reply

if you can make outgoing calls and just cannot receive incoming, it is a porting issue .  Let us know and will send you a number to call porting support team

to open ticket with PM for sim provisioning

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What??? Still no service? or something else?

Did you port your number? Did youfollow porting instructions? Did you get charged? What your account says - is it Active?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nadia321  Not sure what your asking but here’s how to open ticket if you need too 

while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message to our  CS_Agents by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.