cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have SIM but can't register it

Farley2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ordered a SIM from Amazon and tried to activate but its not letting me.

10 REPLIES 10

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad you got it working welcome to Public Mobile Smiley Happy

Farley2020

Working now, thank folks.  Great cheap plan for my daughter.

Farley2020

Thanks my phone is unlocked (was never locked, bought directly from Apple.  Will try again now.

@Farley2020 Since it has been a couple of hours I'm assuming it finally worked for you. If not: If you are getting an invalid sim error, it may just be within the activation process. Wait an hour, clear your cache and go into incognito mode if you can and try again. The invalid sim error will likely be gone.

If you are using your phone to activate, it might be best to move to a laptop. Sims are sometimes defective, but it's quite rare.

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please make sure if your phone is unlocked, and provide more details such as error messages. Thanks!

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Farley2020 

When you say it's not letting you, what actually happens at which step?

Are there any error messages?

Thanks

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Farley2020 wrote:

@Farley2020  If your are getting an Invalid SIM number error as soon as you tried to activate your card (first time) then that card has been previously activated. Make sure you are entering the correct number. If you got an error after trying unsuccessfully to activate your card then you need to wait for an hour for the session lock to clear within the system before you can try again.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you getting an error message ?  Is your phone unlocked ?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Did you get to the payment part and then it said invalid payment? If you did, and your card was charged, you created an account with PM and your SIM is registered. You need to contact a moderator. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. 

@Farley2020 wrote:

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Farley2020 wrote:

Make sure your phone is unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.