cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has not incoming calls

Noshin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

After a long time waiting for get sim card my. sim card has not any incoming calls.

Please solve this problem or refund my cost

12 REPLIES 12

@Noshin - has your account 'kicked in' yet?

If after a restart of your phone (as mentioned by @BKNS27 ) and still incoming calls not working perform a reset of the device's network settings.

Check your mobile connections settings and make sure you are connected to the automatic selection, whatever is showing there, it may look similar to this:

esjliv_0-1622501638903.png

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Noshin 

open ticket with PM support and ask them to check it out.

At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Noshin 

Don’t know if you tried powering off your phone before putting in your new SIM.

Wait a couple of minutes then power the phone back on.

If you did then a CS_Agent will help you with the activation of the SIM.

It also helps us help you when you answer all questions. We can narrow down exactly where the problem is and either help you fix it or, if actually needed, to direct you to the support people.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Noshin 

Okay thanks for that. This sounds like a provisioning issue. Sometimes when you activate your sim card doesn't provision correctly to your account as a result it can't read your plan features properly so certain ones may not work like incoming calling or texting or even your data for example. This is easily fixed by customer support.

You can submit a support ticket through the chat bot SIMon by scrolling down to the green part at the bottom of the page and clicking on SIMon or you can send a private message and put "SIM card not provisioned correctly upon activation" in the subject line for choose that when using SIMon.

Once you submit your ticket or send your private message keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. This is your private messaging box you will see a little number pop up indicating a message from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but expect a reply within about an hour.

Edit:

Or click below...

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Noshin

My plan is 3G and I tested in another phone but it doesn't work.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Noshin 

Thanks for responding and give me a little more info. This helps us help you.

• What is the date of your activation?
  • Did you choose a 3G plan or4 a 4G plan?
  • What is the make and model of your phone?
  • Have you tried testing your sim in another phone?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So this is a new number and new account?

Is the Do Not Disturb setting on? Does voicemail work? What provider customers are trying to call you? You can call out? You can text in and out? Can you open web pages when not on wifi?

Noshin

Hello.

I don't have any account and phone number before and it is first my phone number in public mobile.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Noshin 

If you no longer have your old SIM card you will have to call your old provider after a new request to Port your number into public mobile is made. This can be done either by a customer support agent or yourself by calling the telus porting department if it's been less than 30 days. If it's been more than 30 days since you activated and made your part request you can request the port by going to the change number feature in your self-serve account.

Immediately after you make the request to Port your number in from your old provider call them on their customer service line and after verifying you are the account holder verbally authorize the port request. Make sure before you do any of this that your account is active at your old provider unless it's a telus or koodo account. If it's either of those providers contact customer support to make the request if your account is currently suspended but not canceled or deactivated.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you transfer an old number in during activation? You needed to leave the old sim in a phone to confirm the transfer text from the old provider. How long since you activated?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Noshin   are you porting in your number from another provider?

if you requested ported in, did you reply text from your old provider and approve the porting?

Need Help? Let's chat.