cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Lost SIM card AND can't log in to account to deactivate it

HHF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I lost my SIM card. I want to deactivate the account, but now that two-factor verification is in place, I can't do it (because I can't receive the text message to verify it's me).

My payments are automatically done monthly. I want to stop payments and close my account. How do I go about this? 

Is there a way to deactivate the two-factor verification so I can log in as before?

4 REPLIES 4

HHF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, I don't get an email option - that would be nice.

Instead, I get a screen where I have to enter my password, which I do. It shows a green checkmark, and then I can't do anything else.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@HHF - you can call # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device and disable autopay. You will need your 4 digit PIN to do so.

IF you keep selecting "Resend Code" do you get an email option?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@HHF wrote:

Hello,

I lost my SIM card. I want to deactivate the account, but now that two-factor verification is in place, I can't do it (because I can't receive the text message to verify it's me).

My payments are automatically done monthly. I want to stop payments and close my account. How do I go about this? 

Is there a way to deactivate the two-factor verification so I can log in as before?

@HHF , 

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent & explain your situation: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Customer Support Agents are available from:

- Monday to Sunday: 9 AM to 10 PM EST

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox at the top right of this page (envelope icon to the left of your community avatar).

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@HHF  You can *611 to report it lost stolen or get support to help right away 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.