cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got porting out message and replied "Yes" but never got confirmation of port out.

muffinhead
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After typing "Yes" to port out message, am I supposed to receive a port out confirmation message?

I did not get one, and it's been a while.

6 REPLIES 6

HarryPotter

Experiencing the same issue here. Have contacted the CS Agent. Hopefully get back to me within 48 hours. It's been 2 days now that I my new SIM's not working.

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @muffinhead I can totally relate to you. I had that issue yesterday.

Somebody recommended to me to call a porting team from Telus, Koodo, Mobile. Not sure, but I transferred from Koodo. Let me know if you want their phone number to call.

They were able to confirm with me that the porting was completed. However, I needed to open a ticket with the @CS_Agent     in order to get a Public Mobile Technical team ticket or something to fix things on their end so that I could get service working with Public Mobile.

Like you I got a text from my previous provider to which I replied Yes. I got an email saying that I would receive one last bill and that my services were cancelled with them. I lost service on my phone. When that happened, I shut down the phone, removed the SIM and put in the New One. The service didn't work until I got help from @CS_Agent 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@muffinhead 

You are porting out of pm? If yes to which provider?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@muffinhead wrote:

After typing "Yes" to port out message, am I supposed to receive a port out confirmation message?

I did not get one, and it's been a while.

After you type "yes", turn off your phone, remove the old sim card, insert new PM sim card and reboot your phone. make sure your phone APN setting is right . 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@muffinhead  No , when your old sim card stops working then the port should be done.  Then you can use your new sim card.

If it's been a while, then you should be contacting the company your going to and have them look into your port request.

muffinhead

Is it ok to reply "Yes" again to the port out message? I don't want to mess anything up, but not sure if PM received my first YES message.

Need Help? Let's chat.