cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting OTP on Public Mobile phone in India

panditra1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently in India. I am using local SIM card in India but I have not changed my PM number (Canadian) for Whatsapp. Now I am planning to change my phone device. To continue using Whatsapp I need to get OTP on my PM number but I do not get the same although my plan says International Texting is included. Can you please let me know the solution? 

When the plan says International Texting is included, does it mean that I should be be able to send and receive SMS from anywhere?

5 REPLIES 5

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@panditra1 wrote:

When the plan says International Texting is included, does it mean that I should be be able to send and receive SMS from anywhere?

International texting works while you are in Canada only. PM has no service in India so you will not be able to send/receive SMS while there through PM.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@panditra1   You won't be able to get the OTP to your PM number in India.  You need a working service to receive it and PM does not offer any service there.  You should keep your old phone for Whatsapp purpose and you will still getting message on Wifi

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@panditra1  Your best bet to keep using WhatsApp is to keep your current phone that you have WhatsApp set up on with you at all times until you get back to Canada to be able to put it on your new device. It's a bit of a hassle carrying around two phones but unfortunately that is what you'll have to do at this current time if you want to use WhatsApp.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@panditra1  Public Mobile does not work in India. In fact it only works in Canada and offers USA roaming add-ons. 

International texting works when the texting is done and originates in Canada. 

Need Help? Let's chat.