cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get new sim but keep old number

AdamGlass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sim card/phone got submerged in fuel. If I get a replacement sim card from Public can I keep the same number? And how do I order a replacement sim card?

10 REPLIES 10

@AdamGlass wrote:

I put the new sim card in and followed the steps to change the sim in the profile. It now says Public Mobile (Temporarily Unavailable) and phone has no service. Is this normal or did something go wrong?

If the new SIM card was inserted to the device before making the change in your account, please try restarting your phone.

AdamGlass

I put the new sim card in and followed the steps to change the sim in the profile. It now says Public Mobile (Temporarily Unavailable) and phone has no service. Is this normal or did something go wrong?

@AdamGlass wrote:

Do you know how long it is before they are automatically deleted?

Telus (who owns Public Mobile) keeps trying to deliver text messages (up to 100 messages) for 5 days.  That information was taken directly from the Telus website. I haven't found the exact length of time for voice messages but I suspect a range of time about the same as that for voice messages (maybe even a week).

AdamGlass

Do you know how long it is before they are automatically deleted?

@AdamGlass wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

Once I activate the new sim card, am I able to access all of the texts/calls that I got before activating the new sim card (but after the old sim card got broken)?

This really depends on how long your phone service hasn't been connected to the network. Voice messaes and text messages are only stored by Public Mobile for a certain length of time before automatically being deleted.  If you're within that timeframe, you will be able to listen to the voice messages and receive the incoming text messgaes.  However, if someone called you but didn't leave a voice messages, there isn't any way to know about those callers.

AdamGlass

Thanks for the replies.

Once I activate the new sim card, am I able to access all of the texts/calls that I got before activating the new sim card (but after the old sim card got broken)?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @AdamGlass  

You can keep your number on the new sim card. 

Login to My Account, go to Profile Sim card , then click  Edit Account Information and you can enter the new sim card there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@AdamGlass   Order a SIM from Amazon or Canadian Cell Supplies or go to a local Telus/Koodo store, but phone ahead as not all carry PM SIM cards.  

Then use incognito/private mode to login into your self serve account and select Quick Link/Profile and then Change SIM option and follow prompts.  Your number will be attached to the new SIM after the change.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AdamGlass 

yes you can keep your number in your account and just you need to get new SIM card and Login to your account and change SIM card,

you can order from PM site, or go to any store Telus or Koodo to buy it in person fast way to get.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AdamGlass   Yes, you can 

all you need to do is to login to My Account Using a Laptop or Desktop ONLY (not mobile, that part of the site has bugs with Change sim card).  and then go to Quick Link on top right, click Change SIM card and follow the steps

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

Need Help? Let's chat.