cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get help/ cannot connect to network

PubMar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

New user. New sim.

LG G5. Phone has worked on Fido (can) and ATT (us)

Error:

Cannot connect to network/ emergency calls only

• Verified phone compatibility 
  • Reseated sim card.
  • Toggled airplane mode.
  • Reset phone xtimes.
  • Manually tried to choose network.
  • Automatically tried to choose network.
  • Reset network connection and repeated above.

Still can't register to Public network

25 REPLIES 25

Hi @PubMar does voice work? if it works, it is not a carrier lock problem I think

And you said it is an LG?  your tried Refresh All Networks and Reset the phone?   

But you also said it does not work in another Galaxy S5? that is weird 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Any chance it's locked to a provider? Which provider last worked?

@PubMar Try wipe the phone once

if still does not work, open a ticket with PM to ask specifically if the phone is blacklisted.  While you don't see the phone blacklisted on that site, that could be some delay in database sync either way

PubMar

I tried it in two phones.

Worked in a bell phone S20

Did not work in a Galaxy S5 active.

Also his bell sim did not work in my LG G5.

This is rather disheartening as my phone worker recently with Fido and ATT sims.

PubMar

Okay I think we have ruled out many things except for the SIM card so I will attempt to ask someone to let me test it in their phone.

I have provided that information to the tech support and awaiting their response I very much appreciate your info and commitment to helping others

@PubMar   there is a very slight chance it is a faulty sim card.  But reply the support agent and tell them it does not work.  They might be able to re-provision it once more

But again, it is best if you can test your sim card in another phone as well just to rule out it is a device issue

Another thing, give the support agent the IMEI of your phone, ask them to confirm as well the phone is NOT blocked on this network

PubMar

Yes as of March 1st my purchase of my first p.m. phone plan.

I have received my reply from tech support and they Echo what you have stated unfortunately that still does not work.

Capture+_2023-03-06-16-39-28.png

PubMar

Ok it works to log in. I cannot choose to receive an SMS for the verification code because it does not arrive to my phone. I can choose the email verification to input the number and I can accurately view my account without any issues

Screenshot_2023-03-06-16-16-34.png

@PubMar wrote:

On February 27th I purchased a brand new SIM card and on March 1st I paid for one of the PM plans.

I cannot register to the PM Network automatically or manually I have also reset the network settings and it can see the PM Network but it cannot complete a registration.

@PubMar   so, you are new to PM as of March 1?

If that is the case, it could be just a sim card provisioning issue.  It is a simple fix for PM. When Pm suppot replies, remember to ask them to check if the sim card was provisioned properly and ask them to re-provision it if needed

PubMar

This phone has worked on Fido in Canada and ATT in the US.

The phone has been factory reset prior to March 1st.

On February 27th I purchased a brand new SIM card and on March 1st I paid for one of the PM plans.

I cannot register to the PM Network automatically or manually I have also reset the network settings and it can see the PM Network but it cannot complete a registration.

Yes I have never seen this SIM card work on another device. Is it as easy as asking a friend to put the SIM card in their phone for a test without messing up their phone?

PubMar

Thank you I have followed the chatbot steps already and I am waiting for a response they have asked me to provide a bunch of information related to my purchase which I have and now I am waiting to hear back something in the way of technical support.

I appreciate your response

@PubMar wrote:

sometimes I get this error immediately after entering my password... sometimes it works.

@PubMar   The page expired issue was because you were using saved password from the browser and you click Login while the browser tried to auto-login for you, in order word, you are trying to login twice within a second

So, when you use saved password, pick the password and DO NOT click login, let the browser auto-login for you after

PubMar

sometimes I get this error immediately after entering my password... sometimes it works.

Capture+_2023-03-06-16-13-40.png

@PubMar   So, you cannot even text or data does not work?  PM is having some issue with voice service in the last couple days, not sure if it is related

Best to test your PM sim card in another phone just to confirm

Also, open ticket with PM support for them to investigate as well while you try with all our suggestions

Please open ticket with PM support using Chatbot:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@PubMar wrote:

I purchased my PM sim card new Feb 27th. I purchased my first and only phone plan with pm on March 1st. 

HI @PubMar 

your service ever work on another phone since March 1st?  or you only have one phone , the LG phone, and never see this sim card works?

PubMar

Unfortunately I don't have access to another device I can try to ask someone.

The phone has been factory reset prior to purchasing the PM plan and prior to inserting the PM Sim.

PubMar

I purchased my PM sim card new Feb 27th. I purchased my first and only phone plan with pm on March 1st. 

I am able to access my account. I cannot make any calls with my phone it will not register to the PM Network manually or automatically even after resetting my network settings, and any attempts to use the phone will say emergency calls only or cannot activate Network.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @PubMar   you have another phone to test the PM sim card?

and for your LG phone, make sure the OS is updated, and try to Reset (wipe) the phone. LG phones needs that to connect to a new network sometimes

@PubMar   that is a good sign!!

now, check if you can login to My Account, just to make sure your account is active

PubMar

Capture+_2023-03-06-16-06-14.png

@PubMar wrote:

I did complete a factory reset after canceling my last phone plan. The phone has been without a plan for some time.

@PubMar 

you meant the PM plan as been suspended for sometime?  Any plan suspended for 90 days day will be close permanently.  Any chance it has been over 90 days

Can you still login to My Account ?  or call 1.855.4PUBLIC and enter your phone number and see if the system can locate the phone number

PubMar

Thank you for the reply I don't have access to another device.

I did complete a factory reset after canceling my last phone plan. The phone has been without a plan for some time.

I appreciate your thoughtfulI appreciate your thoughtful responses.

PubMar

I could try that although the phone bought new by me and never reported lost or stolen... Thanks for the reply

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@PubMar   

for peace of mind, please confirm your phone is not blacklisted here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@PubMar 

If possible, try your SIM card in another working phone.  That helps determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM Service problem. 

For some LG phones in the past, customers needed to do a factory reset of the phone to get the phone working with Public mobile network. Need to backup phone before reset. 

Need Help? Let's chat.