cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get back on same services in between of month

Raman12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mistakenly my public number is port into bell by the bell. I talked with the service provider, they told me to talk with public. I had  services and its only 14 days pass so I have still days on my plan.  Now how can I get back to public with my same sim. can you please activate my again number and same plan so that I will continuously use my public.

12 REPLIES 12

@Raman12 

Concentrate on working with the moderators to restore your original account and services. Once that is done you can decide if you want compensation from bell. You can explore launching a complaint with the CCTS or at the very least what your rights are in this situation. Public mobile should not charge you anything extra for restoring your account as it was before this snafu....it couldn't hurt to ask for a free month credit for your inconvenience and stress and see what they say.....after you are back up and running of course.

Raman12

Not yet

Raman12

That i did 14 days ago and thats expired. There is no sense of bell to change without asking me. I wonder how they can do. Earlier employ offered me 38 dollars with new phone and they made the agreement of 60 dollars without phone even i have all proofs recordings of the representative who offered me now bell is just saying sorry. I am worried now i have to pay this 60 dollars too and public again recharge of 40 dollars with in a month. Never go with bell.

@Raman12  issue resolved and you are back to PM?

Welcome back!!

Raman12

@Raman12 if you never reply the SMS with the YES for going ahead with the port, you do have a strong case then,  Yes, try open a ticket with Mod..

@Raman12 

Essentially you have been a victim of a fraudulent port. This is due to no fault of your own. The moderators can restore your account and sim card. Contact them and explain the situation and give them the case # and contact info for the bell rep that you have been dealing with. This is both bell and pm's fault for not following the new porting procedure meant to prevent fraud and mistakes ( as this seems to be).

Type in fraudulent port and human after clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen....then follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Expect a reply in your private message box by morning....but they may prioritize it and answer tonight so keep checking for the next hour or so in case they answer.

@Raman12 wrote:

Ohh it means there is no way to use that sim and old account. Also I have still 15 days left in my plan.

Carriers can actually assign service to old SIM cards, but they choose not to allow customers to re-use SIM cards for new accounts.  While it may be easier for a new account to be opened (which would require a new SIM card), there are supposed to be procedures in places to essentially reverse a number port out, for which would cause the old account to be reactived with the old SIM card.  However, I suspect that that this not something that most moderators would be able to do without the assistance of another department.

Raman12

Ohh it means there is no way to use that sim and old account. Also I have still 15 days left in my plan.

Raman12

Yes I want to cancel as I got the port message on 21 may and today bell used that port and changed without my consent. so I want my public mobile plan and services back. I am unable to call.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Raman12 

Did you approve a transfer of a number from a text received by Public Mobile?

If so, maybe you can cancel it by contacting the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

EDIT: oh, this happened 14 days ago...I feel your chances may not be great.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Raman12  you number was ported over to PM and hence account is closed.   Old SIM will not be useful anymore

You can certainly come back to PM but you will need a new SIM and open an account as new.

You can check local kiosk (e.g, Warlmart or London Drugs or Loblaw) , they might give you the SIM for free if you activate with them.  If that is the case, you didn't really lose much in terms of coming back (SIM is free).   Of course, this is an old account, your loyalty reward in your old account will be all gone.

Need Help? Let's chat.