cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a 1GB bonus for 6 months when you activate

flighteye
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello - I'm new to Public and signed up with a promo 1GB for 6 months after activation, but have not received the extra 1GB yet. Does anyone know how I can get this added? I successfully applied my email during date window and activated with same email before deadline. Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

Worsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yea. With the information provided. Not exactly sure how this will play out. If we change plans. 

Just got the +1 GB for the next 6 billing cycle. 

It just showed up today. 

Hope everybody got theirs too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@flighteye , @Jb456 : and yet...

Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 6 months after activation.

"eligilble" within 30 days. It doesn't say what happens after. In the past the wording would usually say changing plans and whatnot but that wording style seems to have not been continued by Catherine.

Feeling lucky there flighteye? 🙂

@flighteye  terms and conditions say.

Plan Eligibility:

Quebec: Customers must activate on the $23, $38 or $43 plan

Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-a-1GB-bonus-for-6-months...

So if you go to a lower plan you will likely loose the promotion. As lower plan is not eligible.

flighteye

I just received my 1GB bonus for 6 months as I activated just a few weeks ago. Is there an update if we will continue to receive this 1GB bonus if we change plan down to $15?  wonder if anybody knows from previous experience?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Worsy wrote:

Thanks for sharing.
Yea I was informed about the $25 minimum. So that is why I was concerned. Regarding the auto pay. Was also told once they give you the promo, you can lower the monthly payment plan as-well(under $25). Still waiting on the promo though.
They weren’t clear about how they would give the promo.

I assumed by a email link. Maybe a promotional option pops up when you log in. Just a thought...

@Worsy 

From the flash sale announcement:

Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 6 months after activation.

What's interesting is that they usually say no plan changes. But this says eligible rate plans. Is that keeping it above $25? It doesn't say. The first one, ok. But do the rest of them? Willing to gamble?

Worsy

Thanks for sharing.
Yea I was informed about the $25 minimum. So that is why I was concerned. Regarding the auto pay. Was also told once they give you the promo, you can lower the monthly payment plan as-well(under $25). Still waiting on the promo though.
They weren’t clear about how they would give the promo.

I assumed by a email link. Maybe a promotional option pops up when you log in. Just a thought...

ETusesPublic

Your plan has to be $25 or higher. It will not work on $15 plan. Not sure what your plan is but maybe that is the issue. I had to read the fine print to discover that so just wanted to share the info.

Shadowray37

I think something is wrong with public mobiles system because I applied for it to and never received the 1GB of data and I'm still wondering about it

@Worsy wrote:

Good to know. Does auto pay change anything for the free 1 GB?

Nope. Autopay is the Reward you get for registering your valid credit card or debit card and enable Autopay. Then, each time your regular plan renews, you'll be entitled to $2 reward applied to your regular plan costs ...so $25 plan is then $23 plus tax. No effect to the 1GB data.

Worsy

Good to know. Does auto pay change anything for the free 1 GB?

@Worsy wrote:

I am waiting aswell. What do you think of stacking the free two gbs?

You can get these 2 holiday promos in self service. Choose Purchase Add-Ons for free 2GB of data and international minutes.

Worsy

I am waiting aswell. What do you think of stacking the free two gbs?

EDIT:Does auto pay change anything for a $25 plan?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@flighteye 

Need Help? Let's chat.