cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Support:: Contact Customer Support

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Contact Customer Support

The official method Public Mobile prefers customer support is thru the Chat bot SIMon  Click here 

The alternative method is thru private messaging while initial contact of this method is actively discouraged you may access it  below or if you require additional info because you do not know all of your basic self serve account info then read the spoiler below.....way below down there near the bottom of this post......

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

All About SIMon.....

Using Simple--Simon ( this is the last time I will use his nick name) is an exceptionally irritating little fellow who for some creates a frustrating experience that further impedes a customer's ability to easily get the support the seek for an issue with their self serve account or service. It behooves me to remind customers that our knowledgeable community can help customers troubleshoot or resolve issues for most problems faster than an agent can and without the need to ever contact customer support.

Forcing customers to use SIMon instead of giving them direct access to private messging with a prefilled contact bar to simplify contact and give customers who are not tech savvy and have already given public mobile a chance knowing they cannot easily pick up the phone to call customer service is important for accessibility and allows a customer to use the email style of communicating and initially contacting customer support without running around in circles with SIMon a few times like a chicken with its head cut off before finally inputting the correct wording to either submit a support ticket via SIMon or getting instructions on how to find the private message box and fill out the necessary contact info.

The WCC (Wireless Code of Canada) specifically refers to accessibility being paramount to customers who require additional help in overcoming the barriers they face in their everyday lives. While it does not refer to this when trying to contact customer support it is safe to assume that this should be in an easy and obvious way. This is not the case when accessing the community landing page with no drop down bar to access the help articles and even if this is found it sends customers to SIMon. This is not acceptable. Both methods of contact should be supplied and customers should be given the choice of contact. If SIMon was my only choice I would find myself another provider as I am sure many other customers would as well. Public Mobile needs to be reminded that the WCC requires prepaid providers to...

A service provider must explain to the customer how they can

1. check their usage balance;
  2. contact the service provider’s customer service department; and
  3. complain about the service, including how to contact the CCTS.

This is not obvious on the community forum nor are both methods and is very close to infringing on customer's rights under the code. Public Mobile should be making both methods obvious and easy to access and encouraging the community to supply both methods not just SIMon. But as time has shown over the past year or so Public Mobile is less inclined to listen to the community but instead push ahead with an agenda set by its parent telus unfortunately now driven by the pursuit of year over year profitability rather than customer satisfaction. Time will tell if this policy will achieve the results shareholders demand.

If you require additional help accessing your self serve account when contacting customer support read the spoiler below.....

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Does censorship remain? We shall see....

Edit:

Simon Simplified: Support ticket short cuts for common issues can be found below.....thx to...

@Luddite .

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Bit-ly-s-to-open-ticket-directly/td-p/866...

Edit:

Well ignore the above link as these handy dandy shortcuts don't work anymore but @dust2dust has created a thread that has posted all the new functions that you can do through Simon without the need to access your self-service account but perform functions in it.

Click on the link below to learn the what, where, when, how and why's of what you can do with SIMon.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Account-functions-self-serve-611-chatbot/...

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

8 REPLIES 8

metalhead
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes this helps me out too. Thanks

bsbroughton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Very helpful,thanks.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

So it seems you are suggesting Public Mobile's methods to find support and contact CSA in the Get Help articles are insufficient. And, you have a superior way of making contact with your CSA friends.

Maybe, your thinking is skewed, and a 1 or 2 step tutorial on using SIMon will help 'you' for your future ticketing needs. I could help you with that if you like. 😉

@darlicious  wrote:

"But then because it offended some members so much I just kept it up."

Lol...don't know if others were offended by that or just wondered why it was now okay to do it within every post, after all you've posted your disdain for others who have suggested to contact support on more than occasion in the past as I remember...  "Just sayin" 🙂

Like you, I personally don't use the chatbot to contact CSA's (rarely need to contact them anyhow) but I accept it allows PM to collect the necessary data on a trending issue and have no problem in suggesting that customers try submitting a ticket first, but also give them the option to pm if necessary.  I get the bubble option has been removed but the links for the chatbot and pm are still in the same place (Get Help) as before, at the top and bottom of the screen. 

I also think chatbot ticket submission issue maybe similar to the autopay issue, in that many customers have never experienced any problem with their autopay, but we generally only hear about the ones who are experiencing problems on the community forum. 

edit:  BTW, don't know about the kitchen sink list, but gaming with fake profiles is still happening by some it seems.  JMO!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

If I must explain myself.....

The "signature" started out as a bit of fun with the introduction of the new community. But then because it offended some members so much I just kept it up. Since Jade had no problem with it and any obvious link to contacting customer support was removed I have continued to add it for consistency and I have updated it as per her instructions/requests. So as per her request that only a link to SIMon be provided and if a ticket cannot be submitted then instructions on how to send a private message may be provided.

In trying to find how a new customer may search for how to contact customer support only led me to SIMon with whom I detest I felt this was my answer to this conundrum....with my opinion on the matter attached. Whether or not you agree with my approach is up to you. For myself I felt it was a happy medium between what has been requested of me and my opposition to SIMon being the preferred method of contact despite there being a certain percentage of customers that do not and will not use a Chat bot for customer support contact. I am one of them. If I am asked to stop using a "signature" by Public Mobile I will....sorry I can be stubborn at times and to my detriment at times but oh well at least I own it. I don't post laundry lists or the kitchen as others do....still. There you have it.

Like it, lump it, lollapalooza it that's where I'm at.🤔

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious     I know you provide really good advice to a lot of customers, however, I'm not quite understanding not only the purpose of this particular post but also why the need for links to customer support in every post of yours after all the endless discussion with SS and her kitchen sink inventory list.   A big part of the objection from most of us (and you?) AFAIA was her including links to CSA's in every post?   Sorry, but I don't get it...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

I am just complying with what has been asked of me. Bury it the lounge if it offends your purpose of get support.

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Trying to figure out the purpose of this Thread?  To me it seems as though this is so you don't have click this link to send a private message to a CSA, instead it links you to this thread.  The whole community is a Get Help.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.