cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s21

Brianrap
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra and a couple of weeks ago it suddenly dropped my connection. Tried everything imaginable to get it back-up to and including a factory reset-but no luck. The sim works in other phones so it it not a sim issue. Tried my sim in a Galaxy s10 and it worked fine. Sims from other networks (both Bell and Telus) work in my phone. Took my phone to a Samsung approved warranty repair location and they replaced the main board. Didn't do anything to resolve the problem so had to send the phone to Samsung in Ontario (I am in Manitoba) for them to check it out. I was just talking to a fellow who also has an s21 and he is experiencing the exact same issue. To me it sounds like it might be a network issue of some kind and specific to Galaxy s21 phones. Has anyone heard of or experienced anything like this? Thanks.

72 REPLIES 72

Brianrap

Tried switching networks and Public Mobile displays for a second or two and then disappears and sim not found alert displays.

Brianrap

And just hearing from another s21 owner that he is having the same issue makes me think that it a phone/network compatibility issue of some sort. He too had this occur recently and his phone also works fine on Bell and Telus networks.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Brianrap 

your issue in device antenna, manufacturer will be exchanged for you if under warranty..

Brianrap

What is odd is that it worked perfectly up until a couple of weeks ago and then just stopped connecting. There was an alert on the phone Sim not found (or something to that effect). But the sim works perfectly in other phones and I even bought a new sim on the off chance there was a problem with the sim. Didn't make any difference.

@Brianrap   If you are in Winnipeg, it could be the issue with the reduced voice coverage

how's the Data?  working well?

Brianrap

Tried in several location in and near Winnipeg. Same issue everywhere. It gets no service at all. Tried changing the network setting and still nothing.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Brianrap BTW, S21 does work well on PM from my experience.. my family experience.  On so many Samsung phone S21/S9/S7 , all without issues.  

So,   it could be just the device quality with Samsung but not compatibility issue

Brianrap

Checked that and it is not blacklisted. Thanks.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Brianrap 

Try switching network to 3G only…

@softech 

OP says “Sims from other networks (both Bell and Telus) work in my phone.”

Likely not blacklisted… Wonder what else it might be?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Brianrap   Where in Manitoba you are at?

I am not sure if you don't have good 3G network in your area.

"Public Mobile here. As of March 16, 2021, our Prepaid network in Manitoba will be changing and select areas of Winnipeg and Brandon may experience reduced voice coverage. Data speeds will remain unaffected. In order to maintain the best voice coverage after March 16, 2021, changes will need to be made to your account. For more information, please call us at 1-866-975-3058. Free Public Mobile Msg"

That was last year and affected some users in the area for voice calls 

how is the data connection on LTE?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Brianrap   it where did you buy the phone from? hope it is not blacklisted

check the status first 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Galaxy-s21/m-p/785213

Need Help? Let's chat.