denislook3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

GETTING LOTS OF CALLS FROM CROATIA

LIKE AROUNF 40 CALLS A  DAY 

DIFFERENT NUMBERS 

8 REPLIES 8

This is interesting. 

One ring?

Block for sure and turn on your DO NOT DISTURB. It works great on an iPhone. Mine is set 10 pm to 8 am. You have options....see below. 

C4CDB10A-DF70-43AF-9717-ED0570136143.jpeg

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@denislook3 

Are you saying these are scam calls?

From Croatia? You learn something every day.....I have never heard of this. 

If scam......what is it about?

Also keep in mind the caller ID number can be easily spuffyed. It is easy to do with a VoIP Account. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@denislook3, you should answer the call only because:

1. Make them pay for the international call (unless they have unlimited Free calls)
  2. Record a fax machine dial tone, and crank the volume up when you answer the phone
  3. Play your horrible music, I think I played Snap, I got the power (I would get 2-3 calls, and when I played that super loud, they would hang up, never called me back)
  4. Answer the phone, and don't say anything. 
  5. Answer the phone, and repeat the same thing they do. You will need to record them first. It would be like hearing themselves on the phone
  6. Answer the phone, and pretend your business (I do this all the time, they would call for a week, and I tell them I am a business, and they don't call me at all for 6 months, and they try again).
  7. Block their numbers.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

they both went into settings and turned on silence unknown callers at least that stopped the phone ringing everytime you should have someting similar on your phone hopefully that helps a little, hopefully after a period of time it will stop

@shep22 I don't think it would. I think it's probably scammers on a fishing expidition.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

my wife and boy both have koodo numbers that they transfered over are you in the same situation they are also getting same amount must  be  a koodo thing?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Even if it's your rich uncle with a gift...don't answer or return the call. Once they find out your number is active...they're relentless for a few weeks. Just don't answer or return their call.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I hope you are blocking them @denislook3 . 

Need Help? Let's chat.