cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Canada but Need more data while roaming in the US

Shimon1818
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you add more data if I am in the USA and none of my ten day limits are up and the system won't let me add on any more data? 

9 REPLIES 9

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you have already bought all of the different roaming data add-ons then you'll need to get help from the support people or wait out the 10 days + 1  to get more. The 10 days is 240 hours from the actual time of day you bought them.

You might also want to look at ways to conserve the data. Or get a US cell service with their cheap data.

Don't buy multiple talk add-ons while one is active. You can buy a different talk add-on after the 240 hours. The same wait for the same one.

@Yummy wrote:

I heard if one contacts agent that 24h can be removed and new US data add-on be added and become active right away? Am I correct?

HI @Yummy   Yes, in fact CS Agent can help to re-buy the same roaming add-on even before the 240 hours expiry time 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Yummy wrote:

You have to wait until 10 days from previous data add-on is exhausted before you can buy new one.

I think hat you meant 1 day.  The delay from a roaming add-on expires or has been used up before it can be purhcased again from the Self Serve account is only 24 hours.

Thank you @computergeek541 .

My wording was not that clear... If somebody currently uses US data add-on he has to wait until it is used up (US add-on is valid for 10 days). Only after it is exhausted, one can buy a new one. Plus there is a delay of 24 hours to purchase new one.

I heard if one contacts agent that 24h can be removed and new US data add-on be added and become active right away? Am I correct?

@Yummy wrote:

You have to wait until 10 days from previous data add-on is exhausted before you can buy new one.

Once the data portion of the 10 Day US talk/text/data add-on has limited out...OP can buy another data only add-on immediately

U.S. Data Only

10 day packages

250MB...$10
500MB...$15
1GB...$20

@Yummy wrote:

I think hat you meant 1 day.  The delay from a roaming add-on expires or has been used up before it can be purhcased again from the Self Serve account is only 24 hours.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

If you are currently using US data add-on, when it finishes you have to wait 1 day (24h) before you can buy a new one.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You have to wait for the first add on(10 days) to expire. Then you can add another 10 day US data add on. Unless you are adding a different one than already purchased. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@Shimon1818   you can buy a different add-on from the one that still not expired.  A different roaming add-on will kick in immediately.  i,e, if you got talk and text and data combo., you can buy the data only and it will work immediately

Alternatively, you can open ticket with PM CS agent to ask them to repurchase the same one for you manually.  To cut short the back and forth messaging time, load enough fund into your account before you open the ticket

Need Help? Let's chat.