cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend Referral credit $25

Snowshoeguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went into the Walmart today and signed up on a referral from a friend.  I believe I get a $25 credit as well as him.  His account shows he gets a $1 credit for the friend referral but neither of us see the $25 on our account.  when should we expect to see this?

26 REPLIES 26

@lonnasheen, you can view all payment transactions in the Payment History of Plans, in the My Account portal.

$77 credit could be 3 x $25, and $2 AutoPay.  Did you refer a friend, as well as being referred?  It could be $25 for referring a friend plus the $1/30-day credit (ongoing), plus $25 credit for you being referred by a friend (who also got $25).  If you signed up during a free sim + next 30-day free promo also, you may see that your $25 has been credited for that.

lonnasheen

HA! I found the break down in transaction history. I knew i received the money $25 x3 as it shows a high balance, but i just could not view the break down. but i found it! Just signed up middle of March.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lonnasheen wrote:

I believe I received two $25 crdeits in my account as I see about $77 in my balance. I only see the break down of the $1 monthly credit but not the one time $25. Do you know where you can view this? i have been having trouble with a PM agent returing my message. Keeps taking me through some security process before answering. I followed the steps, but still no reply?

Hi @lonnasheen , the security process is in place to ensure the privacy of the account holder. 

When you log in to your self-serve account, click View Payment History.  It will bring up the transaction history and you should see the $25 referral credit, if the requirements were met for the promotion.  When did your referrals activate online?  That promotion ended March 31st, so as long as you referred them and they activated online, you would see in the transaction history the referral credits.  

lonnasheen

I believe I received two $25 crdeits in my account as I see about $77 in my balance. I only see the break down of the $1 monthly credit but not the one time $25. Do you know where you can view this? i have been having trouble with a PM agent returing my message. Keeps taking me through some security process before answering. I followed the steps, but still no reply?

SDK1

Yeah, I guess you cant have your cake and eat it too. And it was convenient having the in-store help.

Pizzaeh

@SDK1 wrote:

I just signed up in-store today (mobile shop) to get the free sim card and free month, but didn't know about the online only deal of $25 for friend signup, or would have done that. (Did do a friend signup in-store, mobilist never said anything about online deal!) However, was under impression that had to sign up in-store in order to ensure keeping phone number.

Actually with the free SIM and 2nd month free on the $25 plan, with $10 referral credit, you save $20.  So you did well.  The person that referred you won't get any initial credit, but will still get the $1/30 days refer-a-friend reward as long as your account remains active.

SDK1

I just signed up in-store today (mobile shop) to get the free sim card and free month, but didn't know about the online only deal of $25 for friend signup, or would have done that. (Did do a friend signup in-store, mobilist never said anything about online deal!) However, was under impression that had to sign up in-store in order to ensure keeping phone number.

Pizzaeh

@SDK1 how's it going?  Do you have a question?

SDK1

Pizzaeh

@pingkaic wrote:

$25 referral bonuse works if the REFERRER has only a $10 plan?

Yes, the plan doesn't matter. As long as the activation is done online, you're good.

pingkaic

$25 referral bonuse works if the REFERRER has only a $10 plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pingkaic wrote:

The $25 referral bonuses for both referer and referree is still available?

Yes. Online only until the 31st.

pizzaeh beat me to it. 🙂

Pizzaeh

@pingkaic wrote:

Yes, until the end of the month.

pingkaic

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donna68 , there is no reason for the second referral not to get the $25.  If it does not show up within 72 hrs, you should send a private message to the moderator team and inquire. 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Pizzaeh

@Donna68 wrote:

I referred 2 friends yesterday and I only got $25 for 1 of the why?

When you log into your account then click on the My Rewards button, then click on the little arrow beside Total Rewards earned.  When that is expanded, under Refer-a-friend Rewards, do you see both your friends numbers listed?  

Maybe be one of them didn’t activate online or entered your referral number incorrectly.

Donna68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I referred 2 friends yesterday and I only got $25 for 1 of the why?

sunflowershine

It is only for online sign up, not in store...

@Snowshoeguy wrote:

Will know for next time 🙂

The $25 referral creidt might not apply next time.  The $25 bonus credits for referrals is a promotion that comes back once-in-while. It is not an ongoing thing.

As popping was saying to you, you get a $10 credit, but keep in mind that your friend who refers you gets nothing other than the $1 per 30 days.  Really, it's your friend who missed out by you not activating at home.

Today, a weekend promotion started, so I hope that this Walmart location did not charge you for the sim card as they were not supposed to.  In addition, you next renewal will be free if it was today that you activated at your Walmart. If you activated on a $20 or more plan, it actually works out better for you that you activated at the store (because of the next renewal's plan fee being credited plus not needing to pay $10 for the sim card at the store).  Like I said, it's your friend who lost out.

Snowshoeguy

Will know for next time 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Snowshoeguy wrote:

I went into the Walmart today and signed up on a referral from a friend.  I believe I get a $25 credit as well as him.  His account shows he gets a $1 credit for the friend referral but neither of us see the $25 on our account.  when should we expect to see this?

Since you sign up at WM, you will only get $10 referral credit within 72 hours after activation.

Your friend will only get $1/cycle as long as you stay with PM.

@Snowshoeguy  a écrit :

Wow!  Guess it will be the $10, maybe the person in the store didn't know either, I did say I could activate at home because I was already with another provider at the time but he said 'No, I can do it for you"  I just said thank you, had I known I could have gotten the $25 lol

Thanks again Lieux

Sorry for you that the representative person didn’t tell you about this promotion....but probably he received some money to do it at store ..( Walmart?)

Snowshoeguy

Wow!  Guess it will be the $10, maybe the person in the store didn't know either, I did say I could activate at home because I was already with another provider at the time but he said 'No, I can do it for you"  I just said thank you, had I known I could have gotten the $25 lol

Thanks again Lieux

@Snowshoeguy  a écrit :

Cool, the $1 credit showed up almost immediately so thought I was missing something.  Not sure if it's a $25 referral credit we both get or a $10.  Read different amounts different places.....but whatever it is it's all good 🙂  Thanks for the quick reply.

If you activate your SIM card at home/online you will have 25$ or at store it will be 10$ for the person who was referred... you I understood...

Snowshoeguy

Cool, the $1 credit showed up almost immediately so thought I was missing something.  Not sure if it's a $25 referral credit we both get or a $10.  Read different amounts different places.....but whatever it is it's all good 🙂  Thanks for the quick reply.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Snowshoeguy  a écrit :

Patience it could take 72 hours before it appears in your available funds in your self serve account.

EDITED.....I was too sleepy yesterday and I read over ...I went into the Walmart....Smiley Frustrated

Need Help? Let's chat.