cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequency of Usage Report Updating

bashley
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Checking my usage history spreadsheet, it appears that updates on recent calls/text/data  are almost instantaneous. However, following 'Usage' links in other sections of my account pages which show total minutes/data used, there appears to be a lag, maybe up to several hours.

Does the cycle of updates showing totals of minutes/data used to date normally lag and does anyone know the average duration of the lag?

No problem, just curious.

Thanks

bob

Summerside, PEI

5 REPLIES 5

bashley

I checked my usage again today, and still no change, no updated amouht

But, I decided to recheck the details of my plan and lo! the terms say "Unlimited Incoming Calls".  As it happens the shortfall in my usage total is exactly equal to the time recorded for incoming calls. A lightbulb, albeit a dim one, flicked on in my head. 

So, in keeping with terms of my plan, my usage history recorded is exactly correct, fully up to date. 

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned.  It's been 3 days since my last confession. hehe

bob

Summerside, PEI

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bashley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bashley 

Make your own observations? Do something. Refresh, refresh etc until you see it. I almost never go into the details pages. I'm only ever interested in the front page counters. They seem immediate to me.

Thanks @Anonymous .  "Refresh, refresh etc" is fine but I think that method assumes updates in seconds or minutes. And this works perfectly fine on the "Usage History" page, but that page does not provide a running total of minutes/data. With other pages which do indicate a running total, the lag so far has been more than 24 hours. I don't think I'd been willing to do the Refresh, refresh thing 19,000 times, although on a slow day... hehe

No real issue or complaint about this because I'm sure it won't be too much longer before it's updated.

bob

Summerside, PEI

🙂 Ok. Every hour on the hour.

bashley

@Anonymous wrote:

@bashley 

Make your own observations? Do something. Refresh, refresh etc until you see it. I almost never go into the details pages. I'm only ever interested in the front page counters. They seem immediate to me.

Thanks @Anonymous .  "Refresh, refresh etc" is fine but I think that method assumes updates in seconds or minutes. And this works perfectly fine on the "Usage History" page, but that page does not provide a running total of minutes/data. With other pages which do indicate a running total, the lag so far has been more than 24 hours. I don't think I'd been willing to do the Refresh, refresh thing 19,000 times, although on a slow day... hehe

No real issue or complaint about this because I'm sure it won't be too much longer before it's updated.

bob

Summerside, PEI

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bashley 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@bashley I have an unlimited calling plan, so I don't have much experience with that. However, I placed two international calls and looked at my totals right after and they updated immediately.

Need Help? Let's chat.