cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free SIM Card From the Txt msg

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi Member,

I just received the free sim card offer from the txt msg.

I ordered one.

I hope that it can help the new customer.

Have a wonderful day

30 REPLIES 30

@Community_QA wrote:

great idea but poor execution.

supposed to to bring new accounts in with the free sim card, but In the end, most Community members, existing accounts, got the free batch of sim cards

I wouldn't say poor execution @Community_QA 

Existing members get the cards and bring in new accounts - we are the ones who might be better able to 'convince' others and can even help them get activated and manage issues down the road.

I see it as a win-win by doling these out.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Then very odd you didn't get yours yet.  You both likely ordered before I did.

I got mine 3 days ago - on the East coast. 

Wonder if that makes a difference?  🤔

@HALIMACS    I'm quite sure I ordered the free SIM fairly early after reading this thread and one by hTideGnow and I received the confirmation email the next morning saying the SIM would be delivered within 5-10 days. 

@HALIMACS I ordered on the first day of the free promo

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  @softech 

Did you order yours early at the start or a day or two later?

I’m guessing they were flooded with requests after 24 hours or so.

@softech   Lol...yeah, I'm holding off and will give PM until next week, I think..

@dabr wrote:

@HALIMACS   Hmm...still waiting to receive mine..  Lucky I'm not in any hurry unlike some!

@dabr   I just opened a ticket while you replying this post.. LoL

@HALIMACS   Hmm...still waiting to receive mine..  Lucky I'm not in any hurry unlike some!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I (and other users) got ours in just under 2 weeks!

That's really not bad - figured it would be well over a month.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

great idea but poor execution.

supposed to to bring new accounts in with the free sim card, but In the end, most Community members, existing accounts, got the free batch of sim cards

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Nezgar and I think they run out of cards

hTideGnow_0-1678988875878.png

No they didn't sell 1.3 million SIM's in one day... 😁 that number was already that high on the $10 option... it started at 0 and went past -4000 on the $0 version, so the counts were different. So in theory they had over 4000 ordered, dunno how far it actually went overnight before they nixed it.

@hTideGnow   I think anyone who ordered on Tuesday when you and @kaytus posted about this freebie were in luck.  I got a confirmation by email yesterday that my free SIM will arrive in 5-10 days (same wording as website), except this email seems to be PM's standard message for a CPO order as the free SIM is mentioned as an addition to "my order".

@dabr wrote:

@kaytus    Well, that's not great for anyone who received this text offer suggesting that they had until end of this month to order it..  

Hi @dabr   the idea was good, but the execution failed

I think they should just say , buy a sim card now and get $10 back after activation.   And of course, they need to fix the long delivery time to make such promo useful

I think many Community members stocked up instead of real activation.   I doubt even 1% of those free cards turn into "gold" for PM

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus    Well, that's not great for anyone who received this text offer suggesting that they had until end of this month to order it..  

HI @kaytus   Longer than usual.. it could take as many as 3 weeks, so, now as many as 3 months?  LoL

Meow
Mayor / Maire

OK. I never got that offer anyway...

kaytus

Hi Memebrs,

The free SIM card offer Ended.46153.jpg

HI @Nezgar and I think they run out of cards

hTideGnow_0-1678988875878.png

HI @Nezgar I guess RFD effect. free no more, supposed to be till March 31

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Yup I ordered one too, can't beat this deal!

• 1x Triple Punch SIM Card for $0.00 each

Subtotal : $0.00 CAD

Shipping : $0.00 CAD

Total : $0.00 CAD

I see this has already been posted as a "red hot deal" on redflagdeals, so I hope this doesn't blow up and Public Mobile retracts the offer too soon from thousands of orders from unexpected interest!

Though I guess it's also a great marketing stunt to get SIM cards out there ready to be used / referred / etc.

Edit: Hehe, if you right click on the "1" item count in the cart, and choose "inspect element" - you can see the shopify cart as of 5:41PM CST already says "-3276" stock... I guess meaning over 3000 people have already put in an order. This could be interesting!3276.PNG

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Great catch @kaytus !!!  Thanks for sharing!

I’m getting em too!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus   I've not received any text offer but  @hTideGnow (can't seem to tag username) has posted that it's available on PM's website and free delivery too.  Will order mine now.. 😊

kaytus

@HALIMACS here is the screenshot:

IMG-0013.PNG

kaytus

@All

It is free and shopping free. I bought it on the publicmobile website.  When u updated the cart. it showed $0 dollar.

I ordered one. 

No credit card information needs to provided.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus 

Hmmm, sounds good as long as you don’t give any CC information.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kaytus free and no purchase necessary??

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus - nice. Wonder if this was targeted. I haven't seen a text like this yet...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kaytus 

well, that sounds good, but honestly almost too good to be true.

Are you certain the message was from public mobile and not from someone trying to scam your personal information?

Can you take a screenshot of the message you received, removing any reference to your own personal information, and post it here?

If it was a text, from what four digit number did the text come from?

Need Help? Let's chat.