cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 12GB plan change promo didnt go through

iammrrbd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account didnt change to the new plan as it was supposed to Nov 25th.  Please look into it.  Also, how do I get the 20GB for $35 deal...since my plan didnt change as it was supposed to any chance changing it to this new one pl!!!

25 REPLIES 25

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Will do. I am hoping it works as that would be awesome and PM would actually getting an increased $10 from me for the next 15 months so that would help there bottom line. If not I will just move to the $15  plan and save the difference until I felt I have done my civic duty to stick it to Telus XD. Then back to $25 or switch to Lucky or Chartr depending on plan prices. 

HI @brettster99   

thanks for confirming.  

let us know how if it works on 27th.  🙂

brettster99

I just checked my future payment for next cycle, and it shows I am going to get it at $35 with the promo saying 1 out of 15 (1/15). Now I will see if I will actually get that on Dec 27. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@brettster99 wrote:

I did an immediate plan change and this showed the same thing. But when I was actually billed it was $35 + tax. Also I Saw on reddit that a person said he messaged support and said this black friday plan is for all customers not just new ones. So do not worry if it still shows $55 Now. You should be only charged the $35 but if something goes wrong and get billed regular price you can always message support for that amount in a credit and to make sure the next time you are billed it goes though properly. 

The customer support agent should not have informed the customer of that.  It's become clear from all the dicussion that the code does get accepted inside the Self Serve accounts of existing customers.  However, Public Mobile has always said from the beginning that the offer is only for new customers.  As this offer was never advertised as being for existing customers, all this open discisson about this code working for existing customers could very well lead to account audits and corrections being made.  While I agree that would be harsh, carriers (including Telus/Koodo) have done this in the past and removed plans and discounts that customers were not eligible for.

That is the case of the left hand not know what the right hand is doing.  Officially, it would be the announcement that prescribes the terms.  Whether action is taken or not to take away the deal for existing customers is up to Public Mobile.  I sense it ain't gonna happen because it would be a good send off for the customer.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm very surprised an agent said that. The promo is all about new activations.

So, beyond that scope, we have a verification of initial success with an immediate plan change. It would remain to be seen if that user will get the $20 each month.

Then, we don't yet know about a change at renewal test. Or people are being quiet about it.

Still, the future $20 credit in both cases.

@brettster99 wrote:

I did an immediate plan change and this showed the same thing. But when I was actually billed it was $35 + tax. Also I Saw on reddit that a person said he messaged support and said this black friday plan is for all customers not just new ones. So do not worry if it still shows $55 Now. You should be only charged the $35 but if something goes wrong and get billed regular price you can always message support for that amount in a credit and to make sure the next time you are billed it goes though properly. 

The customer support agent should not have informed the customer of that.  It's become clear from all the dicussion that the code does get accepted inside the Self Serve accounts of existing customers.  However, Public Mobile has always said from the beginning that the offer is only for new customers.  As this offer was never advertised as being for existing customers, all this open discisson about this code working for existing customers could very well lead to account audits and corrections being made.  While I agree that would be harsh, carriers (including Telus/Koodo) have done this in the past and removed plans and discounts that customers were not eligible for.

brettster99

@iammrrbd wrote:

yes my first pic below shows the code being accepted, once i hit the "yes renew..." it doesnt show it, as my 2nd pic shows

I know @brettster99 had success with an immediate plan change, but no idea on a renewal. You should confirm with an agent.

Also the 15 GB for $40 is a good deal and does not expire after 15 months like the 20 GB promo.

iammrrbd

yes my first pic below shows the code being accepted, once i hit the "yes renew..." it doesnt show it, as my 2nd pic shows

@iammrrbd 

Did you put the promo code in? 20OFFMONTHLY

iammrrbd

just msgd them..thx so much man!  cheers!

@iammrrbd 

I am not too sure what will happen at RENEWAL for that 20 GB plan. Maybe someone else will chime in here.

You can contact an agent:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

iammrrbd

ok my bad i missed the 2 day posting.  the above screenshots are for next renewal date, but it doesnt show the $35 deal just the full $55 after i select it.  sorry for the headaches man

@iammrrbd wrote:

it says 15gb for $40 went through yesterday...but its not showing up anywhere.  just want to make sure its actually there

So you changed to the 15 GB plan for $40 according to your payment history? If so the 12 GB is not stackable for that plan.

Try clearing your cache again and go incognito/private mode. Try on another device or computer. Chrome or edge browser works well.

iammrrbd

can you confirm this will go through with the 20OFFMONTHLY code...because it doesnt show up after you use it.Screenshot_2022-11-26 Public Mobile - My Account.pngScreenshot_2022-11-26 Public Mobile - My Account(1).png

@iammrrbd 

If you read the announcement it will take up to 2 business days for the 12 GB bonus to be added. As I said before the announcement was for new activations only so YMMV as an existing customer.

The poster below with the 20GB deal made an immediate plan change. If you try that you will not get any credit for your existing plan and YMMV on a change at renewal.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Existing-Customer-Can-get-55-plan-for-35/...

For the 15GB for $40 click on 4G and keep arrowing down.

iammrrbd

no it was for existing customers as well...it shows up on my payment history.  im also trying to change this one over to the 20GB for $35 deal here, put in promo and will choose for next pay period.  will this work or will i be dealing with this again in a month??  i just paid for this month so i dont want to pay twice here

iammrrbd

it says 15gb for $40 went through yesterday...but its not showing up anywhere.  just want to make sure its actually there

@iammrrbd 

That promo (12GB) I think is for new activations only? Did you try putting in the promo code?

purenx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

To purchase the $35 for 20GB plan as a re-existing customer, head over to "My Account" > "Plan & Add-Ons" > "Change My Plan" > then click on the $55.00 plan and click on "Change plan on renewal date" or "Change plan now" then apply the coupon code "20OFFMONTHLY". 

@iammrrbd 

What does your payment history say?

iammrrbd

change on renewal date is what i did with this promo...and it doesnt appear to have gone through

iammrrbd

no it didnt work on my PC, laptop, or my phone, so its not a browser issue id say

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@iammrrbd wrote:

My account didnt change to the new plan as it was supposed to Nov 25th.  Please look into it.  Also, how do I get the 20GB for $35 deal...since my plan didnt change as it was supposed to any chance changing it to this new one pl!!!

For the 20 GB deal this poster had success as an existing customer. You would probably want to choose change on next renewal date.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Existing-Customer-Can-get-55-plan-for-35/...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@iammrrbd 

You might be looking at a cached version in self service. Clear your browser cache and open a new browser window in incognito.

Need Help? Let's chat.