cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent Company

Shelby4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Caution: Please be advised that I am currently filing a police report and report with the Better Business Bureau with this company. I know many of you are assumingly loyal to this company because it is cheap, but I have been going through an over 6-month battle after my ex-partner set me up with this company; this isn't a rant post, but a warning: do not provide your credit card information. They have ran up numerous charges on my accounts - all listed under their name - and whenever I attempt to speak to someone about this via chat, they tell me that they do not have a card on file but will refund it as it is clear it is coming from them. My bank can see it coming from them. It has happened again. They also somehow got ahold of my business card and have charged that. 
BE CAUTIOUS. 

If you are a new customer, do not sign up with this company. 

31 REPLIES 31

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How was it "inappropriate",  @computergeek541 

@computergeek541  -  perhaps private message me.  Please.

Didn't i just write that the OP said they were a PhD involved with policing services and self-admitted other information which is suspicious?   

Was it just because i don't believe the story that the 'ex' is likely involved?

How is that inappropriate?  Seems others elude to the same information.   Help me understand by perhaps private messaging me what was inappropriate.   

crustylady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

xxxxxxxxxxxxx the Better Business Bureau is a self-directed and member-based organization which has virtually no influence.

edited by computergeek541:  inapproopriate content removed

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's luck that the rest of us have had great service?  It's not the reality?   

My reality is great service, no billing issues, nobody else involved with my account, no extra charges to my credit card, no police reports and absolutely no complaints.  I ❤️ Public Mobile!

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

How did your ex set you up with Public Mobile? Did they have access to your account?   This sounds very suspicious.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I am of the view we are only hearing one side of this story, and therefore do not have the necessary information upon which to draw any conclusions.

By no means am I doubting the veracity of this version; I just like to hear both sides before making any assertions towards an accusation of fraudulent business activity.

There's a nagging sense the "ex" has a part in this - otherwise why make mention of them.   After all, the "ex" was said to have "set up the account", therefore may have had login credentials upon which to intervene.   In this OP's prior thread from October, there is mention that they are not tech savvy.  

Hope they all get to the bottom of whatever is happening here.

@Shelby4 wrote:

Just replied to the chat agent that I had to file a fraud report (I don't want to do this because it's a pain and I was willing to work with PM under the assumption this was a glitch, but their rudeness and the sheer amount of times this has happened has caused me to take it to the next level-  I can't keep being charged money every month like this); his reply when I advised I had filed a fraud report was: "GOOD!!!", full stop. 

How is he still working here? That's awful customer service. 

@Shelby4 - what an intense, stressful experience you have been going through. I am sorry to hear it.

I see you only have one other thread other this this one from a few months ago. Too bad you were not able to come and inquire back when things started to turn sour.

Indeed the chargeback situation has caused many customers to tailspin in stressful situations without knowing what exactly is happening and why. 

Have you been able to connect with any supervisors in any of your tickets? I wonder if any CSA escalated your case at anytime. I would hope it would have been escalated to at least a supervisor.
Perhaps if @J_PM (the Community Manager) can review your case, they can find out if the proper department/persons were involved with your situation.

I wish you the best of luck for resolution and going forward. 🙏

@Shelby4 wrote:

@darlicious Yours is a really polite post, to someone who is (admittedly, self-aware of) being very frustrated and not very easy to deal with. Thank you (as I sit here crying angry tears). 

Signing off for good - cheers 

@Shelby4 @darlicious has always been very patient with me & has helped me a lot. Has let me vent with patients & understanding. Along with has been through a lot also on here.

Shelby4

@darlicious Yours is a really polite post, to someone who is (admittedly, self-aware of) being very frustrated and not very easy to deal with. Thank you (as I sit here crying angry tears). 

Signing off for good - cheers 

Shelby4

Okay so this is interesting because that is basically exactly what happened 5 or so months ago (how did you know that? That's good...). PM deactivated my account after my other credit card got compromised. I had no idea it had happened at the time ... my service just went out (My Account had never worked so I couldn't check, I just autobilled). Anyways, PM actually had me send me them my Mastercard (business) card when they were trying to fix that for me. Then they sent me to Telus to get the vouchers which I paid on my debit with (so no risk that my Mastercard was compromised there). 

Anyways, I've filed a formal fraud charge because Leonardo in the chat box was so rude and dismissive. I actually got frustrated and cursed at him ("this bleeping company...", not a personal insult, though nonetheless, not my bes moment but no lecture please - you would all have this reaction if you were online with these guys weekly over new charges etc like I am) and his response was that if I didn't change my tone he would deactive my account and block me. 

My main thing now is figuring out how in the xxxxxxx their customer service is so poor. I'm a working professional with a PhD degree who works in government with police ... and I've never experienced anything like this before - even in my police investigations when dealing with drug dealers and all that craziness.  To insinuate a customer is stupid, or slow? The level of disrespect by some of these agents is astonishing. How do they get away with it?

@Shelby4 wrote:

Just replied to the chat agent that I had to file a fraud report (I don't want to do this because it's a pain and I was willing to work with PM under the assumption this was a glitch, but their rudeness and the sheer amount of times this has happened has caused me to take it to the next level-  I can't keep being charged money every month like this); his reply when I advised I had filed a fraud report was: "GOOD!!!", full stop. 

@Shelby4 , I have thought the same things about a few of the CS_Agents!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Shelby4 

BTW....if you want to tag a member use the "@" key and continue to type the username til it pops up to tap. It makes it easier to follow the conversation.

I will let you read my last post (before this one)and decide if you would like any additional assistance from me. Otherwise I will be on my merry little way.....and wish you the best of luck. !

Shelby4

@Shelby4 wrote:

You can move on and spend your time helping someone else, thank you. I am much too frustrated to listen to solutions. This was just a warning. They literally have told me they do not have a card on the account and insinuated I was stupid when I insisted they must. 

I just filed a fraud charge to wash my hands of it because they are telling me my bank statements are incorrect.

@Shelby4 , I have to say that @darlicious doesn’t mean any harm. I understand your frustration though. If you don’t talk about it you’ll burst sort of speak & sharing your experiences helps others. There’s a few customers on here like  @darlicious  that actually know more than some of the CS_Agents & have helped more of us then the CS_Agents have. I wish we would have known the issues you’re having with your service when it all began. Some on here could have helped you before it got this far. 😥

edit: You may end up losing your phone # by going through all this. Your PM account may get locked after reporting fraud & if you’re doing chargeback to your card! I honestly don’t know how it works but there has been others on here that did that!

@Shelby4 wrote:

At least Koodoo has stores; my city has none with Public Mobile (and I'm in the GTA lol). The agent in the chat box, Leonardo, quite literally has called me stupid in the past. I have the chat box history - I show it to people and they cannot believe the customer service. I am on the phone at present with my bank creating a fraud report because they refuse to acknowledge that they have charged my account (though, they did admit it last two times it happened? Odd...). I was reading to the fraud lady the comments of the agent and she was shocked. 

At one point, he asked how many GB I have on my plan. I don't know this; I looked at it once when I first got the plan but haven't really ever considered it beyond that (I have other, more important things to memorize than my GB lol). I also cannot access My Account at the moment - ongoing issues with that since I started, but that's a whole other post. 
Anyways, his reply when I asked about this was: 

"Honestly, you don't know how many GB you have?"

That's copy/pasted. I have had to quite literally ask them to remain professional, because they are so outrageous.

@Shelby4 , unfortunately I know which CS_Agent your talking about! Which is 1 of the Agents on my negative list & there’s a few of them! I can understand your frustration!

Shelby4

See below; my ex had no access to my finances at all - just told me about the company. I did not even have these cards when we were together.

And no, I am not as narcissistic as to think a company would "steal hundreds from me" personally; that is ridiculous and not at all what I insinuated. Please do not read between the lines when there is nothing there. What I said was that they are fraudulent (by definition), and I stand by this. They have assured me they have no card on file. Multiple times. MULTIPLE times they have charged this card. 
I'm not debating my own situation because I have receipts, chat histories, bank statements - enough so that Mastercard, Visa, and the Better Business Bureau have all had to get involved. 

I am glad that you have not had this type of drama in your own dealings with this company, but your positive experience does not negate my very real one, where my assets are being affected very seriously and my complaints dismissed by the company. 

Shelby4

You can move on and spend your time helping someone else, thank you. I am much too frustrated to listen to solutions. This was just a warning. They literally have told me they do not have a card on the account and insinuated I was stupid when I insisted they must. 

I just filed a fraud charge to wash my hands of it because they are telling me my bank statements are incorrect.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @LitlLdy you leave already? you reply many posts here still.

No, not yet. Once the funds on my account are gone I am leaving. I don’t have the energy for the constant fight for things on my account. My health is not well enough therefore not enough energy for it. I know many on here have 0 issues or problems with their account & service which I think is great but some of us it is a constant battle & begging with the CS_Agents! I wish I knew why. Maybe just really bad luck!

Shelby4

At least Koodoo has stores; my city has none with Public Mobile (and I'm in the GTA lol). The agent in the chat box, Leonardo, quite literally has called me stupid in the past. I have the chat box history - I show it to people and they cannot believe the customer service. I am on the phone at present with my bank creating a fraud report because they refuse to acknowledge that they have charged my account (though, they did admit it last two times it happened? Odd...). I was reading to the fraud lady the comments of the agent and she was shocked. 

At one point, he asked how many GB I have on my plan. I don't know this; I looked at it once when I first got the plan but haven't really ever considered it beyond that (I have other, more important things to memorize than my GB lol). I also cannot access My Account at the moment - ongoing issues with that since I started, but that's a whole other post. 
Anyways, his reply when I asked about this was: 

"Honestly, you don't know how many GB you have?"

That's copy/pasted. I have had to quite literally ask them to remain professional, because they are so outrageous.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

This the problem when you start 2 threads a member answers one thread without all of the info posted then an oracle merges the two threads and the OP assumes your the idiot because you reply without all of the info at hand. Now I thought I had replied to the original thread but seeing the time it was edited by the oracle it's likely I was typing my reply while he was merging thread posts.

@Shelby4 

Now that I have read all of the info you have posted what stands out to me is.....

told me I had to buy +200$ worth of vouchers to keep my number etc, then they asked for another card to authorize it and have been charging it since.

Here is what I am wondering....assuming you did a chargeback of some sort that ended up reversing your prepaid plan amount that pm has a strict policy of temporarily deactivating your account, restricting access etc....and demanding payment of the chargeback amount and future payments by voucher only.

But public mobile does not directly sell vouchers. You must use a retail locations or an online seller to purchase vouchers. This would be who you gave your credit card info to in order to verify and purchase vouchers. Public mobile would have no reason to verify a credit card if they are demanding payment by voucher only. So either your card has been compromised by the voucher vendor or if a CSA asked for all of your credit card info to verify vouchers this is not the proper policy and it's would be likely the the CSA may be involved in fraudulent activity if your card is being used for payments at public mobile. This is a serious accusation so I want to ensure I am getting the correct info from you so that I can give you detailed info on how to escalate this matter out of the hands of customer support into the hands of the appropriate pm manager/department.

Hi @LitlLdy you leave already? you reply many posts here still.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Shelby4 , I am soo sorry to see you’re going through all that! I thought I was having a lot of issues with PM but yours is much worse! After over 3 years here I am finally leaving! I hope it all gets cleared up fast for you! You shouldn't need to fight for things to be made right but at least you have proof to make it right! If we don’t speak “our” truths then no one will know. Good or bad experiences it is the right things to do to share “our” experiences with others so they can make their own decisions based on other’s experiences & mistakes made!

Telus owns Public Mobile & Koodo! With Koodo you can’t call them for support either with your account but you can setup callback with them. Unfortunately you will have a lot of difficulties understanding what they’re saying & will also likely have to fight for everything due to the huge language barrier & huge lack of support to help or at least that has been my experience, my family & friends! There’s issues with every company & it is definitely not one size fits all! What’s great for some is horrible for others!

edit: If you port out your phone # your Public Mobile account will close & you will still get to keep your #. Just incase you didn't know.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Shelby4 

If the card info (the last 4 digits, payment amount, date) was used to verify the account then the card has been used on the account. If it's been used then it's automatically  registered on the account for autopay unless you contact customer support each time.... you make a payment  to remove it or you replace the card each time with a valid payment card. (Or the ex?) 

You posted and I replied. Since you felt the need to post I felt the need to reply thinking perhaps you wanted to gather further info into how this could all be happening? The community happens to know a lot of stuff that either customer support does not know or will not or cannot reveal to you. But if you don't want to hear it I can shut up now and just move on to someone else seeking help with their services. Choice is yours.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Shelby4 ,

I won't be surprised sometime maybe just system glitch and one payment got overcharged

Honest you really think a multi-billion business Telus would purposely choose no one else but you and steal hundred dollars from you ?

Please check with your ex-partner first.  He might not leak out your credit card on purpose, maybe he was a victim too and some of his cards or info were compromised, too

Shelby4

No. To be exceptionally clear: my ex partner did NOT set up this account, my ex partner did NOT  have access to this card (I did not even have this card at the time). The card was ONLY given to Public Mobile to verify an account and I have an explicit message from them that it "will not be used". In fact, when I ask them about it, they have told me they have no record of that card on my account.

I feel as though I explained quite thoroughly below why I did not dispute charges with my credit company prior; at this stage that is what I am doing now. This was a warning post, not a "I need solutions" post.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Shelby4 

Do you currently have a public mobile account? I understand your issue....in trusting your ex-partner at the time you gave them access to your credit card info including the CVV. Since you freely gave out this info it precludes you from disputing the charges. But have you canceled your credit card? Or at the very least put in on hold only removing the hold briefly when you need to use the card? It is your responsibility to keep your card details confidential or you are held responsible. What I don't understand is why you have not canceled the card and have a new card with a new number issued by the card issuer?

Shelby4

Yup - I know this. Also been a customer for years. This isn't a tech issue or a "me not understanding" issue.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shelby4  You would have had to give the cc number to activate SIM card , I know when first learning to navigate site can be overwhelming . But I’ve been with PM since 2018 and have no complaints 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Um...I think I would be pointing fingers at the ex-partner.

Have you asked the bank to give you a new credit card? Do you even have any business here anymore? If you ported out your number then the account will close. But there have been the odd reports of people continuing to be charged even after that.

Shelby4

Oh is it? Isn't that just wonderful for you.

Have you been involved in a six month battle where the customer service agent literally told you "noone could be this stupid" when you asked about how to set up a pre-paid voucher because you had to take all your cards off because they were sucking money off it each month for a service you didn't have? 

This isn't some xxxxxxxx post - I have screenshots, I have police reports. I am glad your service has been great, but that is luck and not the reality. New customers should be warned not to provide any credit card information or plan details. 

edited by computergeek541: inappropropiate content removed

Need Help? Let's chat.