cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding Calls Abroad (Ryan from Toronto in North Africa)

RCJCinChrist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

(name removed)
(e-mail address removed)
(phone number removed) (Mobile Abroad 24/7!)

Regarding: Forwarding Calls Abroad (Ryan from Toronto in North Africa)

April 18, 2022,

Dear Sir / Ms.,

Hi it's xxxxxxxxxx, I'm from Toronto, ON, and am abroad in Rabat, Morocco (North Africa). I'm here working on some Christian outreach programs and also stay in contact with others in need back in Toronto (drug rehab counselling and other supports). Now I mostly use WhatsApp to recieve international 'calls' but would like to have a Canadian number again. I also work part-time online with a company in Toronto so it would help my boss too.

(It's worth mentioning that I had a Public Mobile account for one year around 2012 when I was in Montréal, Quebec. I had to cancel the account when I moved back to Toronto (network coverage) but apparantly Public Mobile has made many improvements since then!)

I'm using a Samsung phone with Android and am writing to ask about the following:

1. If there's a way to open a Public Mobile account and get the calls forwarded to me here?

In that example, my boss or aunt could open an account in Canada if need be. Would I even need a physical phone in Canada? What would the cost be to recieve calls here?

2. Or, if my boss opens an account and sends me a phone and SIM from Canada? 

What would the cost be to recieve calls here?

Thanks, keep it up!

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RCJCinChrist 

Actually it's simpler than you think. You download a voip provider app such as textnow and choose a Canadian phone number. Either your aunt or your boss purchases a SIM card ** and activates with the $15 plan. They then place your SIM card in their cell phone and call forward your pm phone # to your voip phone # and remove your pm sim card and stow in a safe place. Your pm calls will ring thru to your voip app on your phone while on wifi or mobile data.

Text messages can also be forwarded but with a little more effort. Your boss or aunt must download a text forwarding app such as Mighty text and forward texts to you but the sim card must remain in an always powered on phone preferably connected to the charger. Texts can also be read by logging in to a computer to Mighty text website.

**Cheap pm sim cards ($2.99) or activation bundles with a free SIM card and a 20% discount and other possible pm promotions can be ordered from Canadian Cell Supplies with free shipping or pick up in North York and Mississauga.

Please go to the arrow at the right of your post to edit out your personal details as this is a public forum unless of course you have already edited them out or @computergeek541  or perhaps @Luddite  has already kindly done so.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

@JL9 wrote:

Whatsapp is another one that could work 

@JL9   OP already using Whatsapp

Also, whatsapp is app-to-app calls, sound like OP wants an actual phone number so people can call him without app

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RCJCinChrist  do you need a PM phone number?   Sound like a VoIP app with a Canadian phone number will be enough in  your situation.  As @hairbag1 suggested, TextNow would be a good choice.  You download the app, pick a Canadian phone number and give it to friends.  To others, they call and text you like a regular number, no one knows you are using VoIP.  To you , as long as you have Wifi or Mobile Data, you can use the App to make calls/text and receive calls/text

Yes, technically you can have your boss in Canada to get you a PM SIM, activate it for you and then forward all calls to your VoIP number (he doesn't need to send you the SIM at all, just make sure someone paying the bills 🙂 )  .  But there is really no need to do it that way.  Just use the TextNow app and give others the textNow phone number is the best way to go

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Whatsapp is another one that could work 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RCJCinChrist   Use the downward arrow on your post and immediately delete all your personal info from it as you're posting on  public forum.

@Luddite   edit needed for OP's post..thanks.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

No way to forward calls to you on Public Mobile. You could try using TextNow...it uses your wifi and you can send -reciever calls from most any US or Cdn number. TextNow is a free voip app.

edit'd

Need Help? Let's chat.