cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Cell number to another number

VRMadd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need to forward all calls from my cell to another number, as the cell phone is "temporarily" lost.  The battery seems to be dead as it is unreachable.  So I can not use the typical cell features to forward the number, but need it done on the back end by the network.  Can someone help in this matter?  

8 REPLIES 8

@VRMadd   You said it is a "temporary lost".  You are going to get it back soon? very soon?

If it might be long time and you need your call forwarding badly , then you can buy a SIM from a store, login to My Account and request Change Sim Card and use a friends phone to complete what @darlicious  suggested.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VRMadd 

You don't have to physically swap the sim card in the phone. You enter the new sim card # in your self serve account and verify the 2FA using your email. Once done the sim card in your lost phone no longer works. The sim card in your hand is now associated with your account. If you dont have a back up phone to use then borrow one to call forward your number. Keep the new sim card safe until you find or buy a new phone.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@VRMadd wrote:

Thanks.  Can't swap out the SIM card on a lost phone!

Will try the other links you sent. 

If you know your voicemail PIN, you can dial your own number, press # at the prompt, enter PIN and then listen to voicemails. ALSO you can access the menus and re-record your announcement if you like, explicitly telling callers an alternate number to try reaching you at in the mean time.

VRMadd

Thanks.  Can't swap out the SIM card on a lost phone!

Will try the other links you sent. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@VRMadd 

There is no way it can done from the network side. Your only other option would be to perform a sim swap and then put the new sim card in any device and forward calls to the appropriate phone number. Once done the sim can be removed and the phone returned to the owner.

Edit:

Here is info on call forwarding from the great @Nezgar tried, tested and true:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Out-of-service-area-or-on-Airplane-mode/m...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

VRMadd

Is there any way of contacting a PM technician that might be able to confirm that it can not be done from the network side? 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@VRMadd   Sorry, there is no way to forward your call without using your phone.

I believe with your setup, calls will start end at your voicemail.  Keep checking your voicemail from a landline or another phone

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VRMadd 

Sorry, there's no way to do it without turning on a phone with that SIM in it.

Need Help? Let's chat.