cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For the community: can referral be a KeyID instead of phone number

aqrph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the Mods,

Is it possible to update the referral process to a PublicMobile Personal-KeyID # (unique to each user)? Rather than phone number? 

I have banked with Tangerine (formerly ING Direct Canada), and their referral program is an OrangeKey# to give to people. Therefore, less personal info is shared, and Tangerine gets a new customer.

Could a system like this be implemented with Public Mobile? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Referals are i believe are supposed to be friends and family, so if you don't feel comfortable giving out your number to a friend then....  

Then what?  I am always comfortable with getting a reward.  Smiley Very Happy 

I think people want to post their referals on social.media or other internet places so posting your number publicly isn't a great idea hence the request for a key or other method.

So to answer your question. Then.... don't give out your number

@mimmo wrote:

Referals are i believe are supposed to be friends and family, so if you don't feel comfortable giving out your number to a friend then....  

Then what?  I am always comfortable with getting a reward.  Smiley Very Happy 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a great idea, I am a tangerine customer also.  Alas, Public Mobile while very innovative with their service delivery model is not the most adept with making changes to the existing systems.  There used to be a labs forum that collected such ideas from customers.  It was closed because of an overwhelming number of suggestions that were never acted upon. 

Need Help? Let's chat.