cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip phone Samsung Neo Black LTE Smartphone

yesmil
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone 🙂

I do not understand the info provided on the PM site about phone's compatibillity on the network 😞 I am tryng to switch my father's service (Telus)  to PM. The site here indicates it's not compatible. but if it works with Telus, why wouldn't work here? He's 90 yrs old so he only uses it for phone calls. If we switch, he can have some savings. 

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

10 REPLIES 10

yesmil

Thank you for the explanation. I was hoping that being under TELUS may have worked here, too. All good. 

@yesmil   Sorry, the phone will NOT work on PM.  LG  LG C400 is a GSM /2G phone only. 

You need a phone that is at least 3G and preferably something with both 3G an LTE, to use it on PM

yesmil

Good aternoon everyone 🙂

Well, this weekend I tried to set up my dad's phone but it didn't work 😞 He got the LG C400 model and I checked the PM compatibiliity, and his phone was not on the list. I think evenTelus now has grandfathered it. Thank you anyways to all for helping me with many recommendations. 

Have a wonderful Sunday 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@yesmil 

Your father’s phone sounds like the phone that PM had a contest giveaway.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Contest-Closed-CPO-Flip-Phone-Giveaway/... 

yesmil

Thank you. I am so happy to see so many kind and helpful people here.

yesmil

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try

@yesmil 

If you can (i.e. if you kept the SIM card adapters which allow SIM's to fit SIM trays), try putting your Public Mobile SIM card into his device to see if calling services work with it.

Here's the adapters I speak of:

HALIMACS_0-1646500506100.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@yesmil   If it works with Telus, it would work here.  

The phone compatibility provided by PM is does not cover all phones that are compatible here, there are just too many out there

There could be some voice issue in Winnipeg as it has reduced voice coverage  with 3G there.  But again, if the same phones work there with Telus, it would work in PM 

Yes, get us the exact model and we can try to help

yesmil

Thank you. I realized I quoted the wrong device and model. I am trying to get the info on Telus website and they are not listing it anymore. The one I quoted is another device from another plan member. As far as I remember, I think his is a LG flip phone. When I visit him I wll have to check this out carefully. Thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes if it worked at Telus it'll work here. Don't forget to use your referral code while activating.

Need Help? Let's chat.