cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido, Virgin and Koodo offer $49/6GB BYOD plans in Quebec

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just wondering will PM have this kind of offer any soon ? 

23 REPLIES 23

_best
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It was posted last month, can't find it anymore. 

torontokris

@jayjay they dont get any plans themselves. They just tell you how to get the Koodo plans from anywhere in Canada. Or they log in your account and do what anybody can do with a few simple steps / a google search.

torontokris

@_best I am also waiting to hear where they have a 6GB plan for $35 on Koodo.

They have the 6GB for $49 as this post implies in Quebec (or elsewhere with the loophole), and 5GB/$48 for Manitoba.

I once had a 2GB for $34 plan on Koodo but that was a Black Friday deal like 2 years ago.

jayjay
I figured so,think they get cheap plans in Quebec or Saskatchewan and resell then for a one time fee of $50-$100?

Wonder_why

@jayjay wrote:
Kijiji ads in Alberta always have 6gigs ,$49/month.
Resellers
Cellsavings.ca for example

@jayjay no need reseller, you can do it by yourself, just need little work done to it

jayjay
Kijiji ads in Alberta always have 6gigs ,$49/month.
Resellers
Cellsavings.ca for example

Wonder_why

@jeffster1970 wrote:

@makkahn28 wrote:

Let's be Candid for the Moment: Ever since PM introduced that 3G Plans concept, I Firmly Believe that whacked the 4G LTE Plans out of Sync, and I believe PM/Telus made a VERY Critical and possibly Near Fatal error.

They may as well ditch the 4G LTE altogether, as the 3G are more affordable than the 4G LTE, OR, Continue the 4G LTE, BUT to contain the Fees, have designated Zones then

The 4G LTE Fees are now beyond reasonable, 4G may as well be considered a Luxury

Well, if that's the case, I may not be a long time customer of theirs. I'd need to go back to FM if that was the case, and hopefully things will be better by that time. 

I mean, almost worth it to have an account with FM, just for when things improve and be grandfathered in an inexpensive plan. I don't see things getter better in Canada.

@jeffster1970 FM getting better every month, there LTE is good now, by end of year even better 

Wonder_why

@_best wrote:
Koodo has $35 for 6gb 4G LTE Canada wide. Pm and Koodo have the same network, don't they?

@_best very interesting, haven't seen it or heard it, Google it nothing came out . hmmmmmmmmm

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@BEST_,

Do you have the link?

_best
It's a consumer plan. Search online.

Michael77
@BEST_,

Koodo has a $35 6gb plan? Where did you see that plan?

_best
Koodo has $35 for 6gb 4G LTE Canada wide. Pm and Koodo have the same network, don't they?

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28 wrote:

Let's be Candid for the Moment: Ever since PM introduced that 3G Plans concept, I Firmly Believe that whacked the 4G LTE Plans out of Sync, and I believe PM/Telus made a VERY Critical and possibly Near Fatal error.

They may as well ditch the 4G LTE altogether, as the 3G are more affordable than the 4G LTE, OR, Continue the 4G LTE, BUT to contain the Fees, have designated Zones then

The 4G LTE Fees are now beyond reasonable, 4G may as well be considered a Luxury

Well, if that's the case, I may not be a long time customer of theirs. I'd need to go back to FM if that was the case, and hopefully things will be better by that time. 

I mean, almost worth it to have an account with FM, just for when things improve and be grandfathered in an inexpensive plan. I don't see things getter better in Canada.

@Wonder_why Koodo, Videotron, Fido & Virgin

So basically everyone

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Quebec has cheaper rates.  They have provincial competition.

In provinces that do not have another telecommunication company's presence, rates tend to be quite a bit higher.

You must be joking?  Get rid of the 3G offerings, go back to unthrottled LTE!  I wish I could find that down vote button.  😎

We await PM's assessment of that idea. Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@makkahn28 wrote:

You must be joking?  Get rid of the 3G offerings, go back to unthrottled LTE!  I wish I could find that down vote button.  😎

Wonder_why

@kav2001c wrote:

@Wonder_why $49 for 6GB is kind of weaksauce

You do realize they also offer $55 for 8GB in province?

@kav2001c which provider offer $55 for 8GB in which province , can you please share ?

@Michael77 wrote:
I think PM considers the 3g plans as promotions. For a limited time the plans include bonus data. I guess there is a big market out there for 3g speeds.

I doubt it.  It's Telus making us think that data is expensive when it really isn't.  

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Wonder_why $49 for 6GB is kind of weaksauce

You do realize they also offer $55 for 8GB in province?

Michael77
I think PM considers the 3g plans as promotions. For a limited time the plans include bonus data. I guess there is a big market out there for 3g speeds.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Wonder_why wrote:

Just wondering will PM have this kind of offer any soon ? 

Maybe, maybe not. Robot Frustrated 

Given their current pricing this discount seems to steep as PM's promos are usually valid anywhere is Canada. That seems more like a poke at Videotron?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.