cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty SIM card

AmandaParsons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, im just wondering if nyone can help me with this problem im having. I bought a new sim card from public mobile and went with their company but the sim card will not work. its sayin " no SIM card" it worked for the first day and after that it stopped working. I even tried putting it in other compatible phones and it's saying the same thing. I could understand if it said unregistered SIM card but thats not the case. Anyone else have this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

cletus90255
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Welcome to Public Mobile.

First I suggest going into you self serve account and setting it as lost.

Login to self serve - Plan & add-ons - Lost/Stolen phone - Suspend service.

This WILLNOT blacklist your phone.

The repeat these steps to Resume service.     

Essentially this performs a RoS (switch refresh of your acounts allowed devices on the network) updating with your sim information.

Reply if you need further assistance. I will try my best to help.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:
You could try putting a small piece of tape over the SIM card to improve the connection. If that doesn't work you may have a faulty SIM, you can contact a moderator about it here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I think this is a fine idea as a stop gap temporary troubleshooting method. Its acting as a shim to tighten the card in the slot in case it's a little sloppy.

But no not long term. There are other problems if a card is sloppy in the slot.

@Alex888 wrote:
You could try putting a small piece of tape over the SIM card to improve the connection. If that doesn't work you may have a faulty SIM, you can contact a moderator about it here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Alex888, I would never recommend this and if the sim has been tried in multiple phones it does seem to be a sim issue.  If it were to work in other phones but not the current one I would then consider it maybe being a phone issue.  To add tape to a sim truly is a "band-aid" fix that can cause more issues than good and not addressing the real issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@AmandaParsons  How is your account looking? Is everything fine there? If yes, it could be a bad sim as you also tried in other unlocked or telus/koodo locked phone. In this case, you might want to reach out to the Moderator_Team and they will do their best to assist you.

Need Help? Let's chat.