cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook/ Instagram and SMS

arbateman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

this is a bit of a long shot but I have never been able to get 2 factor authentication working with either facebook or instagram via SMS. I have worked through all the suggestions offered by those platforms.

Could this be a SIM problem/carrier problem?

thanks

ps, texting works fine otherwise /contacts/banks/google, etc

4 REPLIES 4

arbateman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not new to PM, but I think I have always had problems with sms for facebook and instagram it just didn't matter back then but now everything is moving towards 2 factor and I want to iron out the problem

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@arbateman 

While you are waiting for the answer from FB or IG, install Fongo app on your phone to receive 2FA text messages.  I tested Fongo incoming text from my bank account 2FA text messages without any issues.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@arbateman  i see your Community account opened for almost 2 years,  you are not new customers to PM , are you?  

Or the line that cannot receive FB/IG text is a line just ported into PM not long again?

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Since you can get shortcodes from banks and Google, that means it's not a problem on PM's side, maybe Facebook/Instagram has problems with your number for some reason.

Have you tried this:

https://m.facebook.com/help/163155247081024 

• Try sending On or Fb to 32665 (FBOOK)

You might have to contact and ask them to check your number specifically. Or settle for using other methods they have for 2FA.

Need Help? Let's chat.