cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI: Until Sept 30: RBC customers $10 off for $40+ plans for 6 months + 5GB 1time Bonus

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Courtesy of RFD, original link here

As usual it is for new customers only. You would have to purchase a SIM card and activate online.

Use promocode "RBCREWARDS"

Offer details:

*This offer is not transferable. To take advantage of this offer and receive $10 off the first 6 months and a free 5GB data add-on (“Discount”), you must:

1. sign up for a monthly rate plan of $40 or higher with Public Mobile (“Qualifying Plan”) online at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/RBC-offer between July 2, 2019 and September 30, 2019, inclusively (“Offer Period”);
  2. enter or mention the promotional code “RBCREWARDS” before completing the purchase of your Qualifying Plan;
  3. pay using one of the eligible RBC Royal Bank credit card(s) shown on this page (“Eligible RBC Credit Card”). This offer cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offer, and cannot be applied retroactively to previous plan purchases.

This offer is not available at retail locations. This offer applies only to new account activations. A one-time activation fee per line applies.

Taxes are not included and the account must have sufficient funds to cover the total cost of each month’s plan.

Compatible device required. Data service on BlackBerry smartphones requires the BlackBerry 10 operating system.

For a description of Public Mobile’s network management practices, please see https://www.publicmobile.ca/pdfs/Wirele ... zation.pdf.

This offer and its associated terms and conditions are provided by Public Mobile, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), and are available at https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans ... lsrc=aw.ds. Public Mobile, not Royal Bank of Canada (“RBC”), is responsible for all terms and conditions applicable to your Qualifying Purchase Plan and associated services. RBC and Public Mobile reserves the right to cancel, modify or withdraw this offer at any time. For more details on the RBC Offers program, please visit rbc.com/offers.

42 REPLIES 42

I had a new customer referral attempt this yesterday and no go...expired. I knew it was tonexpire Sept 30 but thought it worth a try in case it still worked or was extended but apparently not.

Terry

@selva1 wrote:

When I am activating a new account where do I enter RBC promo code RBCREWARDS? Is under Enter Referral Code? I am unable to see the spot to enter RBC promo code. Am I eligible for additional one-time credit of $10 by entering friend referral code?

Referral code goes in the referral code box and and the RBC code goes into the promo code box on the plan page.  I believe that I may have read something previously about the promo code box not showing if using a certain web browser in mobile view.

@selva1 wrote:

When I am activating a new account where do I enter RBC promo code RBCREWARDS? Is under Enter Referral Code? I am unable to see the spot to enter RBC promo code. Am I eligible for additional one-time credit of $10 by entering friend referral code?

You put the referral code on the first page about halfway down. The RBCREWARDS  goes in the promo box on the " pick a plan page" about 3/4 of the way down. It is the third page . You choose a plan then promo box then confirm purchase.

Both codes will apply...referral code applied within 72 hrs and $10 rbc will apply at time of purchase. If you choose $40 plan then add RBCREWARDS  in promo box the amount owing will change to $30+tax.

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lukevader wrote:

We went to Walmart to buy a pm sim card on sunday and was told by the rep we should sign up for lucky instead, its the same plan. I told him can I make calls in the USA and get 2GB of roaming data on lucky? He had NO clue PM offered that. I said just sell me my sim please...... oh nooooo we can't do that, I have to activate it. I told him no or I'll lose my RBC offer. He had NO clue about that either or even the weekend flash sale.

Anyway, we left frustrated without a card, went across the street to london drugs and got a card there for $10, went home, signed up with a referral from the mother in law with my Westjet RBC card, got charged $52.50 and after all the credits came pouring in this week my account now sits at $72 credit. Very cool. Thanks PM. Next months bill..... $52.50 again.

@lukevader   Nicely done...you went armed with the information necessary to get the best deal possible. Unfortunately pm's retailer partners are hit and miss when it comes to training and educating their employees on how pm works, plans, promos and ability to buy a SIM card without activation. There should be an information bar for possible new customers to access the community for advice first before activation. I think many people don't realize they can ask the community questions before they sign up. Myself included.

lukevader
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We went to Walmart to buy a pm sim card on sunday and was told by the rep we should sign up for lucky instead, its the same plan. I told him can I make calls in the USA and get 2GB of roaming data on lucky? He had NO clue PM offered that. I said just sell me my sim please...... oh nooooo we can't do that, I have to activate it. I told him no or I'll lose my RBC offer. He had NO clue about that either or even the weekend flash sale.

Anyway, we left frustrated without a card, went across the street to london drugs and got a card there for $10, went home, signed up with a referral from the mother in law with my Westjet RBC card, got charged $52.50 and after all the credits came pouring in this week my account now sits at $72 credit. Very cool. Thanks PM. Next months bill..... $52.50 again.

Merge away...something else I need to learn. I've been a technophobe for a long time...to switch to pm I've had to take a crash course thru the community so I can manage my accounts as I am woefully lost without paper bills and customer service agents until now.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

I am still kinda new here but yes I do agree I don't need that many threads in conclusion but I didn't know that when I started. I just had many questions on different topics. The fact that they concluded in one final big play I could not have foreseen. I will mostly concentrate on helping others in need with the odd tech question here and there..?

You're the one that said yourself about all the threads. No problem here. I think it's interesting that people write a play by play of their experiences. I think it's fine to have different threads about different questions. Some might use one thread and ask multiple questions. The same question asked in multiple threads...not so much. Those usually get merged into one.

Glad things are working out for you.

I am still kinda new here but yes I do agree I don't need that many threads in conclusion but I didn't know that when I started. I just had many questions on different topics. The fact that they concluded in one final big play I could not have foreseen. I will mostly concentrate on helping others in need with the odd tech question here and there..?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Nicely done. Way t' test the boundaries taking one for the team at your cost.

No you didn't need 16 threads 🙂

There are several places that what is stated is not reality. Most of those go to our benefit. Most just kinda keep quiet about it or say something about it once.

Success.....4th try in the activation process and number ported. RBCREWARDS applied and awarded. Non rbc credit card used and accepted. Store bought SIM card used...after manager (not asst. Manager) promptly refunded after original in store activation  SIM card was price matched retroactively at London drugs. How many different threads does this combine?  Thanks community, thanks go mobile repair, thanks rbc, thanks London drugs and thanks public mobile!!!

I'm waiting for the system maintenance to end and I plan on activating using the rbc promo. From reading all the different posts and accessing what I think is the current pm rbc promo offer there is no requirement to use a rbc card to activate. I have a new SIM card, I'm going to activate online, put in the promo code RBCREWARDS and I am a rbc customer. Although I have an rbc card it is better for me not to use it to activate but use a non rbc card for activation. As far as I can tell there is no requirement to use it and there is no list that I can find specifying cards that are acceptable...only that you may have to prove you are a rbc client...which I am. Do you concur?

BrieMusic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I brought my own number as a new customer and was able to use my RBC Platinum Avion card with the promo code "RBCREWARDS" even though it was not specifically listed as one of the rewards cards. Worth trying any RBC card.

rocky
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

finally I can make calls. I paid my bill days ago never had this happen hope it never does again Thinking of changing companies sorry Have a great weekend  Thank You

GR
Mayor / Maire

@rocky  log in to see what it says in your plan.  If that says active you'll have to message the moderator_team and ask for help!! 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

rocky

still can't make calls 

rocky

yes I did you just sent me a message 12:03 thanks for my payment still can;t make calls says the same talk is not in my plan I need my phone 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@rocky   did you restart your phone and if that doesn't work check your self serve account to see if it says active for your plan 

rocky

My service is paid until Sept.29 what did you do with my phone I can't make calls whenI try it says talk is not in my plan Fix it A.S.P  I'II Be cancelleing my service with you had enough problems

Yes you would think that but it's too bad rbc didn't properly offer it to their customers. As a rbc client these post got me curious as I was looking for some kind of promo for six weeks before switching and found none. I went into my offers from rbc and there was no public mobile offer on account. Was this only offered on public mobile? If so when did it appear because I didn't see it and I looked several times under more ways to save.

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think this would be a cool promotion for rbc customers

@Shifralowen1There is no $20 plan either $15 or $25. Only $25 has unlimited talk ($23 wtih autopay).

The cheapest for unlimited Canadian calling Is the 25$ plan with 500mb of data. If you add your credit card to get autopay it will give another 500mb of data per month and lover the rate to 23$ a month!  You won't find anything cheaper than that elsewhere with the reliability of the Telus/bell network 

Shifralowen1

I have been enjoying my public mobile for a while and have suggested my kids sign up too now that one is off to University and the other one to college

the problem is, I told them I pay only 20$ a month (+tax) but I don’t find that plan on your site anymore 

can you please help? They are looking for something cheap: unlimited talk. I think they will go look for another provider if I tell them I don’t find that deal anymore 😞

GR
Mayor / Maire

@token  also when you activate pick a new number and then after the activation is done and you confirm the Sim card works then go back in and port your old number!  I have a friend that activated online last night on the RBC plan and did it this way and had no problem at all.  Within an hour the activation was done and the phone number was ported and working. 

@tokenit willl work as long as you activate online (basically you can't take advantage of free SIM at the store).

token

For the RBC REWARDS Promo would I be able to

port in a number from another carrier or does

it have to be a new number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@token wrote:

can someone tell me what is the "the pm $10 off $50 promotion" please?

I do not have an rbc credit card...

tks

You might be confusing with a previous promo. There was a promo that ended on Aug 21 for $10 off the $50 plan.

This thread is about the RBC promo where you get $10 off any plan >= $40 and a bonus data add-on when activating as a "new" customer.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @token,

This is a promo that refers to online activations only. For more information on the process and promo, please folllow this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/FYI-Until-Sept-30-RBC-customers-10-off-...

Have a great week,

Oana 🙂

token

can someone tell me what is the "the pm $10 off $50 promotion" please?

I do not have an rbc credit card...

tks

Need Help? Let's chat.