cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIZZ - Who Are They?

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just noticed someone posted about porting to FIZZ, anyone heard of FIZZ before?  Anyone know if they are one of the BIG 3, a US/Overseas based communications company, or a brand new player in the Canadian/US market? 

Their rewards system seems fairly close to PM .  Will be interesting to see how this plays out when/if they launch.  Looks like they'll also soon offer home Internet, this could be big if they provide a great home Internet plan at a nice price and offer bundling discounts with the mobile.  PM might want to pay close attention to this company as they seem to be a viable competitor in terms of ideal customer demographics.  I think most people on PM wouldn't mind bundling a cell phone and home Internet if it offers a nice discount along with good value (i.e. unlimited usage on home Internet at over 100mbps for lets say $40, and let's say $5-$10 off your cell phone along with all the other rewards).  

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this company.

10 REPLIES 10

cbPM51
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Extended areas now "free", calls no extra chg.  Voice over voLte.

cbPM51

Fizz.ca has new provincial plan offers outside quebec...mobile and hime unternet

cbPM51

Now going with prvince expansion.

See fuzz.ca       Plan opportunities inviting

cbPM51

March 2024

Checkout fuzz site

Impressive plans

cbPM51

Fizz now going across canada month by month.

$16 or so for 5 mths in march 2024. 40gb

59gb 34$ 

Both with rollover and actual $ loyalty starting yaer 2. Offer homeinternet too with bundle discounts.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shamima931 wrote:

I see Public Mobile reducing their prices in the near future because of Fizz.

@shamima931 that's conceivable, but PM doesn't usually try to compete with regional offerings.  Even Fizz's parent company Videotron offers better plans but PM does not compete with them either.  For everyone's sake, I hope I'm wrong and you're right.  But don't hold your breath.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shamima931
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see Public Mobile reducing their prices in the near future because of Fizz.

Fizz is the discount brand of Videotron. The LTE coverage of Videotron is identical to Rogers in Quebec (and Ottawa), as they have implemented RAN sharing similar to Bell and Telus.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dna2016I thought Fizz was videotron, who has a garbage small and limited network like Freedom mobile, but has a deal with Rogers for their "extended" coverage just as Freedom Mobile does

Need Help? Let's chat.