cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra data due to Hurricane Fiona

dolphingirl303
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering if Public Mobile is offering extra data for their EXISTING CUSTOMERS due to Hurricane Fiona?I know that some other cell companies are offering it which would only make it fair to us. I love Public Mobile and would like to be treated fairly. I've never had a problem with my service before.

11 REPLIES 11

dolphingirl303
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did...thanks!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dolphingirl303 

Not sure whether you got the text from Public mobile

Use promo code 2GBFiona  for free 2GB data add on. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I don't see the prepaid providers doing this but who knows they might.  It was mentioned about fairness if other providers are doing this. Unfortunately life isn't fair and do other people who use those providers ask their provider to match the PM price?  It is the same service that is being used but completely different levels of service provided.  Pay the top dollar and get looked after better than the lowest provider.

Saying all that PM may come out and do that but without having to verify identity or address it is hard for them to give it to the correct people.  I know they can go by area code, but you can pick any area code you want it doesn't have to be where you live.

Area code does is not necessarily an accurate measure of locale these days.  I suppose they could reprogram the network to not count usage originating from a certain locale but that is probably quite the chore and might not be timely.  In situations like this, the greater challenge is network being available.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I don't see the prepaid providers doing this but who knows they might.  It was mentioned about fairness if other providers are doing this. Unfortunately life isn't fair and do other people who use those providers ask their provider to match the PM price?  It is the same service that is being used but completely different levels of service provided.  Pay the top dollar and get looked after better than the lowest provider.

Saying all that PM may come out and do that but without having to verify identity or address it is hard for them to give it to the correct people.  I know they can go by area code, but you can pick any area code you want it doesn't have to be where you live.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@softech wrote:

@esjliv   But Bell is Bell, Teir 1.  Did it promise to do the same for Teir 3 Lucky?  Usually a Bell's announcement like this does not cover Lucky

Don't know, but probably not @softech.

@esjliv   But Bell is Bell, Teir 1.  Did it promise to do the same for Teir 3 Lucky?  Usually a Bell's announcement like this does not cover Lucky

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dolphingirl303  you can message the cs_agent and ask for extra data.  They may help you.  All the companies have offered data  except public mobile,  chatr and lucky!  It doesn't hurt to ask.  Good luck 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Keep holding your breath but inhale/exhale from time to time...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @softech , fyi, Bell has offered 50GB of data to use between Sept. 24 - 28.

esjliv_0-1664228701738.png

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dolphingirl303  as far as I known, none of the Teir 3 providers have made any offereing so far.   😞

@dolphingirl303 wrote:

Just wondering if Public Mobile is offering extra data for their EXISTING CUSTOMERS due to Hurricane Fiona?I know that some other cell companies are offering it which would only make it fair to us. I love Public Mobile and would like to be treated fairly. I've never had a problem with my service before.

Sorry, but nothing has been announced.

Need Help? Let's chat.