cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired Plan, To renew, Public Mobile Charges $0.00 to my account, but Unable to Process Transaction

cconstable
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Community,

Today, March 2, 2021, my plan with Public Mobile expired, and I was notified that my autopayment did not go through, my plan has been suspended, and I need to renew. I've had the same plan with autopay for 2 years now, so I figured it could be a quick refresh... When I went to do this (by clicking the link sent in the notifying text from PM), I received a popup message (at the top of my screen) that Public Mobile was unable to process my transaction and that it was denied by my card issuer. When I tried to register a new card, the page would timeout- and the last time I tried this I received the same message as before, 'unable to process transaction, contact card issuer'. I went into the bank (because I cannot call due to my expired phone plan), they contacted my card issuer and I was told that it was an error on Public Mobile's end, and that I have 5 charges of $0.00 on the new card I was trying to register. I also have 4 Google *Temporary hold charges of $0.00 on the same card (which may be from my phone, a Google Pixel?). 

I'm quite confused as to who I need to contact from here.. I use my phone for work (as I work from home at the moment) and this is kind of something I need to fix soon. I submitted a ticket with Public Mobile but am aware that it can take up to 48 hours for a response. Has anyone else had this issue?

I was also unsure if this is happening because my plan is old? The new $15 plan has changed since I first started using it, but I figured with the 'renew plan' option I would be able to keep what I have.

Please Help!

18 REPLIES 18

@Adnohr28 

Just to be sure, check registered payment card to make sure no payment is pending for the amount of your plan

Adnohr28

Thank you.  I was thinking of making a payment but was unsure if I would be charged twice?

@Adnohr28 

This can happen.  It does suck.

Presume your auto-payment was supposed to occur last evening?

You can make a manual payment to restore service, either on self-serve or using *611 from your device (if you know the PIN)

You can also purchase a payment voucher to apply to the account using *611 without use of the PIN.

After you get services restored, double check that your credit card expiry date hasn't been reached on the registered payment card.

Good luck!

Sometimes autopay fails.  If you need service right away then try purchasing a voucher and call 611 to make a payment or use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.

Adnohr28

I'm having the same issue right now.  I'm not impressed at having no service considering I'm on a auto pay plan. 

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AnneV ,  Why can't you access your account?  Is it that you can't log in/forgot password?  or are you having trouble accessing the self serve website?  If it's the website that is giving you trouble, try what @Dunkman suggested in a previous post in this thread, try a different web browser.   See the solution posted by Dunkman.

You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

AnneV

Similar issue here, account suspended + locked because my credit is at $0 (my old card got compromised and I need to enter new credit card info). How can I do that when I cannot access my account? I need my phone service ASAP

Lc83

Conveniently after posting here I heard back from them & they have rectified it & restored it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lc83 : Please post a screen shot of your overview page so we can see what you see. Blank out personal info of course.

Lc83

I have tried amount due which it accepted but still did not reactivate then I tried manual amount again it accepted but did not reactivate. It says all that is due is $10 but there is now $20 on my account & still suspended & absolutely no response from moderators 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lc83 : What both ways? Are you choosing Amount Due? Or Manual payment? What is your plan? What do you have in Available Funds?

Lc83

I have tried both ways, it is not allowing me to make another payment saying the account is already paid. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lc83 : If you have sufficient Available Funds to cover your total plan cost (not with rewards off) then try a manual payment of a dollar. If you don't have enough then manually pay in an amount to get you over your total plan cost. You may or may not need to also click on the Reactivate button in the upper right-ish area.

Lc83

I am having the same issue since yesterday March 1st & still have yet to hear back from creating a ticket & still have suspended service yet when I try to make another payment it tells me the account is paid 

@cconstable wrote:

Thank you! I waited a few hours, and tried again in a different browser and everything went through! Thanks so much 🙂

Hi @cconstable so nice to hear that your problem is resolved.  Thank you for coming back and letting us know.

Stay safe

RosieR

cconstable

Thank you! I waited a few hours, and tried again in a different browser and everything went through! Thanks so much 🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cconstable 

Website can be finicky at times.  You can try with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Make sure the billing address exactly matches your banking/credit card address.  Might need to wait one hour in between attempts.  Sometimes you can get locked out.  Try to manually load funds equivalent to your month's payment.  

If you need service right away, buying a payment voucher either in store (gas stations, Shoppers, Walmart, etc) or online via recharge.com (service fee applies) may be the quickest option.  Then you can wait for moderator response.  Recently, the wait times for moderators have been within a few hours (not as long as 48 hours).  

Need Help? Let's chat.