cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expand included country list for International Long Distance

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

By using PM many people are not able to make International Long Distance calls to many countries due to a very limited country coverage which includes, 

Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

PM should consider adding more international coverage so that people from different countries can make phone calls to their homes and for other purposes.

Also, if anybody knows about PM's plan to expand this list, please let us know...

4 REPLIES 4

DonForgo

There are additional costs for Public Mobile to allow for those calls, and what happens then is that those costs are passed onto the consumers, which would mean an increase in the plans, or the addons for those minutes. 

There are also strategic reasons why they would want to limit the country list, as it would create an incentive for you to switch to a post paid carrier, such as Public Mobile's parent company, Telus, and their subsidary, Koodo. 

For your current needs, I would consider purchasing calling cards from your local grocery store, a lot of times, they have great rates, but does use your minutes. 

iliusfaisal

But I believe they should consider it now as they are getting a large number of customers and if we compare to other providers this is really a disadvantage. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@iliusfaisal  Yes it would be nice if PM expanded the LD countries list but it's quite unlikely as suggested by @geopublic .   My wish list would also include inexpensive roaming for other countries besides the US, but that is also unlikely right now.  Oh well:)

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@iliusfaisal  Agreed, but that list has been in place for a long time and I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

Need Help? Let's chat.