cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything works... As long as no one calls me!

mlizo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I have this public mobile line set up and almost everything works. I can send/recieved texts, I can make calls and data seems to work just fine.

When someone tries to call me, it either rings on their end (my phone doesn't ring) or says that the call can't be completed as dialed... I tried from two different cell phones and a land line...

How does everything but incoming calls work???!!

17 REPLIES 17

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@mlizo  - did you call the Telus porting phone number, that I think someone already messaged you with?

If not check your messages...I have sent it to you.

OR, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

You must restart (or at least you should restart) your device to ensure new network connections and settings properly take effect, of course. A full power-cycle/reboot, not just hit the button to turn the screen off.

Number ports can be completed in minutes but still take a while (usually a few business days) for all the networks to get everything all sorted out and updated with the same info. Until then you may find incoming/outgoing calls and texts can be misdirected.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mlizo I am glad you managed to resolve it 

@mlizo wrote:

Managed to chat with an agent in support that was super helpful. Can't beat human contact. 

You mean from the phone number @RossN provided @mlizo ?

Or, a chat through messaging?

@esjliv @will13am hi after seeing his earlier post it seems like his port is in limbo 😊

mlizo

Managed to chat with an agent in support that was super helpful. Can't beat human contact. 

@mlizo 

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues after this and others; suggestions, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

@mlizo , this is the help article concerning number transfer.  Generally, it is a self serve process.  What specifically do you need help with? 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mlizo what do you want to do? port in ,out ? I sent you a pm to reintiate your port check your community envelope for my pm top right corner 

mlizo

How do I contact someone for porting support? This online business is leading me nowhere 

mlizo

So basically I took out my old sim card before getting confirmation and the porting was refused. So I made a new porting request today but my old account was suspended as I stopped paying it.. now I reactivated it and need to contact PM port team to make a new porting request...

I need some Tylenol!

mlizo

Ok, I need to contact port team from public mobile... How do I speak with a human being in this company? Do I call the Telus porting team?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@mlizo 

i will send to you message for phone number to contact Port Team,

or open ticket with Customer Support Agent. Chatbot

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mlizo 

Yes she will have to verbally authorize the port request within 90 minutes of requesting the port.

mlizo

Ok, update. 

My wife ported her number from fizz to PM but there seems to have had a mess up. So today she asked for it to be ported again and it worked, she now has the right number. She no longer has the fizz sim card so... Does she need to give them a call so they release her number?

mlizo

Yes its, when I text from the PM phone it's the right number.

Yes, my wife did port her number from another carrier but that was at least a week ago.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What number other see when they you call them? Is it YOUR number you expect them to see?

Did you recently port your number to PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.