cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error no SIM card contact your service provider

Ralf68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have error no SIM card contact your service provider.

5 REPLIES 5

Ralf68
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cleaned the SIM card and inserted it again it worked for me . Thanks

coleeeeee17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had problems with my other phones sim card trays. I would make sure the tray is fully inserted by pressing on the body of it. I have also had the trays get bent in the past. I would make sure the card is appearing nice and clean and no sand or lint in the tray or on card. When it happened to me it took me a couple days to realize why I had radio silence. Have a good afternoon

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ralf68

SIM cards don't fail too often. Is your account status active?

A few basic troubleshooting advice: 

Reboot phone

Maybe try to remove SIM card, re-insert and see whether that works.

Also can try the SIM card in another working phone. That helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ralf68   is that a new activation? or the sim card was working before and just stopped working today?

first thing to try, reseat your sim card.  Power off device first, take the sim card out and wait for a minute.  Then put it back in and power up

If that still does not work, please put your sim card in another working phone to check

Also, try to put another active sim card in your current phone.  We need to make sure if it is a device problem or your sim card

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Could be the sim has failed. If so, you'll need a new one. Check at local mall if there's a Telus or Kodoo kiosk...they might have PM sim. Alternative is to order from Amazon.ca. If you order one from PM..it could take up to 3 weeks to arrive via Canada Post.

Need Help? Let's chat.