cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in payment double paid

KevinL234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I double paid for my service. I have 50 sitting in my account. I had to restart the phone twice because it went working due to errors in payment. It's working now. But I heard you cant get a refund in top up payments. Its sitting in my account can I get it back please

4 REPLIES 4

@Triguy wrote:

You would be better off to leave the credit to be used for your next payment.

That is the optimal solution! At least it will prevent potential auto-pay failure and service suspension.

I hope you have auto-pay set up?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would be better off to leave the credit to be used for your next payment.  If you want to request a refund then submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@KevinL234   if you confirmed that your extra payment is now sitting at "Available Fund" in My Account, that is good.  and you might want to consider leaving it there for payment in the next cycle.

As @BlueB mentioned, you can try to request a refund and mod here are usually very understanding.  However, a refund could take a week or two, so, it might be easier just to leave the fund sitting in your account.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KevinL234 

The simplest solution is to leave it in your account for your next cycle.  Public Mobile can just use that Balance and you won't "pay" next month.

Officially, you're right - Public Mobile has a no refund policy on top up amounts.  However, you can try asking a Moderator (staff) via SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) to see if they can help.  Note, any refunds processed can take a few weeks, at which point you're back to where you're started with a top-up needed.

It wasn't clear if the $50 is on your credit card account or Public Mobile account.  If it's the latter, then yes, you have a double balance.  If it's on your credit card account - double check... sometimes a second charge will be Authorized only ("Pending") and only one of those payments will Post (and the other will disappear).

Need Help? Let's chat.