cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only

angie12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

From one day to the other my phone stop receiving calls, data and text and have the message "emergency calls only".

I rebooted the phone and put the sim card in another phone as well, but still have the same issue.

I bought a new sim card since I think it will fix the issue, but I cant enter in my account to replace it because it's asking me to enter the code they are sending me by sms. I tried to do the "send it to my email", but I dont have that option when clicking "other options", I only have "sms" and "voice message".

I also tried to go the chat but I got in the loop: "dont have network-> you need to open a ticket-> cant login to open a ticket-> why?-> dont have network"

Is there a way I can enter in my account and replace my sim? I'm getting a bit frustrated here

11 REPLIES 11

Great news. Glad they got you sorted.

angie12

At the end changing the Sim Card fixed the issue!

Did you also try the password reset idea? While you have him ask him to re-provision the service. That's kind of what the lost-stolen function does.

angie12

I'm in contact with the cs agent now and is telling me that he doesnt see any issue in my account, so I think he is going to do the sim replacement for me.

I tried putting the wrong code 4 times like you said, but it kicked me out after 2 tries, so couldnt get in my account.

Hopefully the CS agent can fix it.

@Phil_Adelphus- Which is why I suggested the lost/stolen function. That can do like a re-provisioning. Or not. It's just rare to change a sim.
@angie12- You could also do a non-abrasive clean of the gold contacts of the sim.

" But I'm not entirely certain changing the sim will do anything. Sims rarely fail.

The sim did the same thing in another phone, wouldn't that suggest a problem with the sim?  Or provisioning maybe?

Ok good the account's active.
A thing to try would be to reset the password and then try logging in with the new password and then click the did not get code and the email option might appear.
Or type in random 6 digits 4 times. The email option might appear in did not get code.

Then you should be able to finish logging in and changing the sim. But I'm not entirely certain changing the sim will do anything. Sims rarely fail.
I would try the lost-stolen feature before changing the sim. Then resume it after a few moments and see if it magically starts working. That might affect dollar rewards before your next renewal. But you also want your service back.

angie12

Thanks, I sent them a message, let see what they say!

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@angie12   You can contact customer service to help by sending a private message via this link.  Watch the envelope top right or click on your avatar for "messages" to check for replies

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

angie12

It gave me a future renewal date (autopay in october 25th) and when I call my own number it gives right tone for a while until it goes to voice mail

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

From another phone dial 1-855-4pu-blic and then that phone number and see what it has to say. It will be one of 3 recordings. Future renewal date and balance, asking for money now, invalid. Let us know.

Also from that other phone dial your number and see if someone else answers.

Need Help? Let's chat.