cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency Alert Notification refuse to disappear on Z2335L

Itsmynumber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not expecting anyone to provide a solution.  As I have not accepted any answer as the solution to a majority of questions I posted in this community.

Basically, I received emergency alerts on my phone like Amber alerts or extreme weather alerts; however, the last time I received such notice, one of the notification fails to disappear completely after numerous attempt of me indicating to my phone that I already received and read the notice and the alert is no longer relevant and outdated.  I have not done a factory reset.

Perhaps if another emergency alert is sent out then the unwanted display will disappear when I clear the new emergency alert.

My opinion about the default emergency alert can be a long thread on its own so I'll keep it to myself.

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Itsmynumber   

do you have this option?

go to messages, press options, press emergency alerts, select options again, and select delete broadcasts

If not, since it is a flip phone, maybe you make sure you backup all your contacts (move them to sim card or write them down 😞  )  , then try to factory reset

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

So... is the last alert STILL displaying on your device?

That, indeed, is odd @Itsmynumber .   It must be a device setting as I don't believe this impacts others similarly.

Need Help? Let's chat.