cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to text - no longer working?

BenKayfetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In the past I was able to send an email to 10digitPMnumber@msg.telus.com and I would receive it as a text message.

But it's not working anymore...

Did something change?

TIA.

Ben

11 REPLIES 11

Vlad_Belina

Thank you... will try 🙂

@Vlad_Belina  none of those working for you?

if you need to engage support for the refresh, here you are:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (requires access to My Account) using direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Contact agent ", then click "Contact Us", then click "Other", click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗""
Next, enter your Community login, then enter your question.  Finally use My Account login or 4 digits PIN to validate.

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Vlad_Belina

What's the number to message the customer service?

@BenKayfetz wrote:

I messaged customer service and they did a "refresh" of my account... That seems to have fix the issue!

I never use this method before, but I just tried it, it didn't work for me.

BenKayfetz

I messaged customer service and they did a "refresh" of my account... That seems to have fix the issue!

@softech wrote:

@BenKayfetz   it still works, are you sending plain text or with pictures?

try the different domains:

SMS domain:

@msg.telusmobility.com
@msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

MMS Domain:

@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com

I tried to use different email address and different domains to send email to my phone, it didn't work for me. My phone is iPhone 8 Plus.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BenKayfetz It works fine for me

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

A recent customer was also asking about this. I tested things and they work for me too. So...

from the terms:

Your Public Mobile Services
What limits apply to my use of the Public Mobile service?
You can only use Public Mobile services for your own individual use, with compatible devices and in compliance with the law. You also agree not to:
Use the service in any way that requires excessive network capacity or that may adversely affect other Public Mobile customers or the service;
Engage in any activity on the Public Mobile or partner networks that is seen as excessive or malicious, as solely determined by Public Mobile.

BenKayfetz

I just tried all 6, with just a couple of word in the subject and one word in the body... None of them worked. .

Through work I have a system that used to send a lot of emails to text. Maybe 10 a day on average. Could PM have blocked me for "over usage"?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try one of these:

Send SMS from email

Recipient PM <number>

@msg.telus.com

@msg.telusmobility.com

@mms.mb.telus.com

@msg.koodomobile.com

@mms.koodomobile.com

@mms.telusmobility.com

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BenKayfetz   it still works, are you sending plain text or with pictures?

try the different domains:

SMS domain:

@msg.telusmobility.com
@msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

MMS Domain:

@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com

Need Help? Let's chat.