cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls, poor signal

bubie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a lot of dropped calls and often poor signal. In different locations. So much so that I'm considering moving to a different cell phone provider. Can this be resolved? Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

bubie

how do i see how much data I am using per month with public mobile? I clicked on the usage history but it is just showing outgoing/incoming calls. Still having a lot of dropped calls and poor signal despite resetting the network settings and powering down my phone. 

@bubie no wifi calling

you have a chance to test your sim in another phone? 

to reset all networks

Settings app > scroll to and select General > scroll to and select Transfer or Reset iPhone > select Reset >select Reset Network Settings > select Reset Network Settings again to confirm.

@bubie  No sorry PM dosent support wifi calling yet .. Koodo does thou if this is important to you 

bubie

thank you. is there a way to turn on wifi calling?

@bubiein phone settings >cellular >cellular data network and reset 

bubie

How do I test network settings? What do you mean by this? 

bubie

How do I reset all networks? I have an iPhone SE 2. I have LTE. 

bubie

I have LTE. I have an iPhone SE 2. What do you suggest next? It has been dropping calls and poor signal for years. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Is this a new problem or has it always been an issue? What do you have your network set at, and do you know if you have. VoLTE yet? It's possible you're falling back to a 3g network which may not be as stable as it once was. To test if you have VoLTE make sure your network selection is set to automatic, turn wifi off, and watch what network you're connected to when you make a phone call. If you stay in LTE/4G/5G when you're on a phone call, then you have VoLTE. If you drop to 3G, you may not. What phone do you have?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bubie 

What model and brand of phone do you have?

If you have a very recent phone from one or two years ago, you can try to enable VoLTE and see if it wworks better

if older phone, try to change the Preferred network type to 3G only (or WCDMA only) and see if it helps

Last, you can try to Reset all networks and it could help too 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@bubie  Is it possible to try simcard in another phone to see if it works ? Also try testing network settings 

Need Help? Let's chat.