cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls / horrible reception GTA

worksitedepot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The past 3 weeks I've been experiencing terrible reception. I've never had this issue in the past 2 years using this service, it just started happening often in the past 3 weeks. I would drop down to 2 bars regularly. A few calls dropped, but most times persons on my other line would complain that they cannot hear me/I am very choppy. Immediately I'd check my phone to see my bars drop down to 1 or 2. This is happening in the most random places. Whether driving on the road anywhere in Toronto, or even in my house (which would never happen in the past. Again, I am located in Toronto and I'm using a mint condition Samsung S10 plus. The phone is 3 years old and has been babied. 

I've reset the phone, reset network settings, and popped the sim card in and out. No luck.

Is this happening to anyone else? I enjoy PM service but lately it's been getting very annoying. Might have to change next month if this continues. 

Thanks for the help.

25 REPLIES 25

HI @worksitedepot   I think the only trick is make sure you reply the message within 24 hours.  Like all centre, they like to close the ticket fast.  If not response within 24 hours, they will close the ticket

Also, don't spend more time with validating account, be firm and tell them they asked that many time.  Demand escalation and ask them to check history of the account/tickets

worksitedepot

Man....difficult dealing with the agents regarding this issue. Still not resolved. 3 different agents messaging me. Always asking to authenticate, and reexplain what's happening. One agent doesn't know what the other one has already told me...

Initial agent hasn't responded back for 3 days after telling me that if what we tried doesn't work, to respond back and they will open a ticket and escalate higher.  Lol I don't even know what the hell is going on at this point. Is it usually like this or am I doing something wrong here?

worksitedepot

They're sending in a ticket for me now. Going to see what happens. Still having the same issues after level 1 of tech support.

@Zyl wrote:

The reason why I advise all inquirers to use the private message method to contact the Customer Service is that I don't want to make customers of Public Mobile potentially more frustrated when seeking help on already frustrating issues by using a chatbox that was not working properly and actually giving tremendous problems to users before but if it can be confirmed that the chatbox functionality issues have been resolved and is working properly, I would be more than happy to add the instructions on how to use the chatbox to seek help in my message.   Please advise and confirm.    

And please also advise where one can see the chatbox functionality.  I do not even see any chatboxes anymore anywhere on "Community" which used to hover at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. 

Thank you for your understanding and help.   

The chatbot is avaialble in the link that I have provided. Unfortuantely, sending customers through the private messaging system means much slower service.  The chatbot does have ease-of-use issues but it's not  more is less problematic than the norm. I see the two options as never really been giving members the choice. The private messaging system is a backup only.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl wrote:

@esjliv   Is the SIMon chatbot working properly now?  It was having tremendous problems before.  I want to ensure it's working properly before directing users to use it. 

Thanks 

@Zyl  - last time I read someone had issues with it, I sent a test ticket in - and it worked fine.

That was within the last week

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv   Is the SIMon chatbot working properly now?  It was having tremendous problems before.  This is what I would like to ensure before I direct users to use it. 

Thanks 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

Since the chat bubble for SIMon Chatbot is currently not on the community page, you can direct people to the Get Help option at the top of the page:

esjliv_0-1650061872578.png

There you can 'Chat with SIMon', or go down to the next search box and search the help articles for 'customer support' and you get the two methods available for CSA: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Zyl

The reason why I advise all inquirers to use the private message method to contact the Customer Service is that I don't want to make customers of Public Mobile potentially more frustrated when seeking help on already frustrating issues by using a chatbox that was not working properly and actually giving tremendous problems to users before but if it can be confirmed that the chatbox functionality issues have been resolved and is working properly, I would be more than happy to add the instructions on how to use the chatbox to seek help in my message.   Please advise and confirm.    

And please also advise where one can see the chatbox functionality.  I do not even see any chatboxes anymore anywhere on "Community" which used to hover at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. 

Thank you for your understanding and help.   

Zyl

@Meow   The fact that his phone used to be fine with the SIM and it was within the last 3 weeks that this reception started happening makes me suspect that it's a network issue more than anything else. 

Thanks 

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it happened to me year ago,after switch to another phone, it was solved, Do you have a chance to try another phone?

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@worksitedepot   did you check your phone, I have even been up north felt like the middle of no where, and reception, was great. And I been with PM for over 2 years, not problems reception Telus network

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

I also have an iPhone 8  that doesn't get any cell reception at all but works fine on wifi. 

Eh 😁 this is really not helping 😋. This is like saying my car's engine is blown up but wipers and turn signals work like crazy! 😉

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I also have an iPhone 8  that doesn't get any cell reception at all but works fine on wifi. 

worksitedepot

Agent said he did a couple things on the backend. Shut my phone off for 5min, turned it back on and made sure network settings were on LTE/GSM autoconnect, which it is. Going to try it out for a day or 2. If the issue persists, they'll escalate to a tech. Hopefully It gets sorted. Thanks all for replies.

@worksitedepot   With choppy, it could also be an issue with the device speaker or microphone, try to use a wired headset or Bluetooth and  see if it helps.  

worksitedepot

Yes I think I will use another phone for a few days to eliminate hardware issues. I was so confident it wasn't my S10 plus, but you never know. 

worksitedepot

Wouldn't that be a service provider problem and not the phone? Lol

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@worksitedepot wrote:

I've reset the phone, reset network settings, and popped the sim card in and out. No luck.

Not many people have spare phones laying around but is there a way you can pop your SIM into some other phone just to eliminate hardware potential failure? Any new phone can fail for no apparent reason and old phone can work forever just refusing to die.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @worksitedepot, Maybe your phone ? Maybe network towers changed in your area?

do you get better signal bar in other places?  Check another area in Toronto and see. Also, you have another phone? or get it from friend, put your PM SIM there and check any better on another phone 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It may be your phone that has the problem. I used to have a Rogers plan and was experiencing horrible reception in some areas but ever since I switched to Telus/PM a couple of years ago have no complains about reception even in rural areas. 

@worksitedepot wrote:

No interferences at all. It's very odd. Just started happening randomly about 3 weeks. Thank you for the directions to contact the CS_Agent. Hopefully they can't assist! 

@worksitedepot  - Public Mobile Customer Support agents may be able to help if you have an account issue.

But, what other troubleshooting things have you tried on a device / network level?

It could be possible network issues that are hopefully temporary, but 3 weeks...? Maybe there are upgrades being done in your area that are affecting service.

Have you tried any of these things to try and improve your connection/service:

*turn off your phone, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*try your SIM card into another compatible phone for a few days to see if the issues are the same...this could rule out a device issue/setting.

@worksitedepot wrote:

No interferences at all. It's very odd. Just started happening randomly about 3 weeks. Thank you for the directions to contact the CS_Agent. Hopefully they can't assist! 

Please do not use the private messaging method on the first attempt to contact a CSA. This method results in a slower response.  All customers should be using the chatbot at https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html if at all possible.  The private messaging method is only there as a fallback and should only be as absolutely a last resort.

worksitedepot

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am just east of the city and I haven't had an issue, but I have seen some customers bringing up similar issues in the last month. Not sure if it is a PM network thing alone or Telus issue. It would be reassuring to get an answer on why this seems to be happening more than usual.

Zyl

@worksitedepot, and there are no interferences at these sites that would interfere with the cellphone network?  If that's the case, feel free to contact the Public Mobile customer service to inquire further.  The best way to reach them is to send them a private message by clicking on the icon that looks like an envelope that says "Messages" when you hover your mouse over it. And then click on an icon that looks like a pen inside a box to compose the private message and write "CS_Agent" in the "Send to" field and the issue as well as the details of your issue in the "Message subject" and "Message box" text boxes respectively. This is the only way to reach them and you should receive an answer from them shortly.

Thanks and good luck.   

Need Help? Let's chat.