cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't have a working phone number...

RMJ483
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM card and switched my old phone number over. It said it worked, and my old number is up in my profile. THE PROBLEM: I call "my" cell phone number from a landline and someone else answers! I used the self-serve platform and tried to change my number to a different number. Each time I tried, it said it failed. I'm paying for a phone plan for which I do not have a phone number. So far I am NOT impressed with Public Mobile. Any help to get me a phone number that someone can actually call would be much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

RMJ483
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't even make an outbound phone call. Nothing works. I don't have a working phone number and I can't make a phone call. Is this service provider even legitimate?? I'm so regretting signing up with them. How long do I have to wait to hear from a moderator? Will they message me on here? I hope they don't try to contact me via phone, as I obviously don't have a working phone number. 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As the member stated, please contact a moderator with this issue.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RMJ483 wrote:

I activated my SIM card and switched my old phone number over. It said it worked, and my old number is up in my profile. THE PROBLEM: I call "my" cell phone number from a landline and someone else answers! I used the self-serve platform and tried to change my number to a different number. Each time I tried, it said it failed. I'm paying for a phone plan for which I do not have a phone number. So far I am NOT impressed with Public Mobile. Any help to get me a phone number that someone can actually call would be much appreciated. 

Porting a number between provider takes time.  Since you changed you number on self-server after porting in your old number, you old number will be return back to the provider who gave you that number.

There may be issue with your account.  Create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Keep asking SIMon to "contact human" for one or more times. SIMon will eventually show you the "Submit a ticket" button. Click on submit button to get the create ticket screen.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RMJ483Only the moderators can fix this issue for you. Click on the ? on the lower right hand corner and type rep

Need Help? Let's chat.