cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does voicemail greeting work if I turn off auto pay to suspend my account for 90 days?

celine_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does voicemail greeting work if I turn off auto pay to suspend my account for 90 days?

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious 

Yes I am not sure why if one hoped that Voice a mail would still work and this is the way to “Make it So” the decision would be to not bother. @Anonymous mention of 90 days in suspension and the number/account is gone… forever is in relation to not paying for the account for 90 days as opposed to being related to whether VM continues to work or not. Just an observance that from time to time someone is on here asking how to get their number back after they left their account suspended for a little bit too long. 

AE_Collector

@celine_s 

Of course your choice is up to you but the advantage of using lost/stolen to suspend is you still earn your $2 autopay reward for the 30 day cycle before suspension. You do have to ask for your rewards to be applied manually after you pay and reactivate. Suspension via lost/stolen also prevents any balance or autopay from renewing your plan.

Personally this is my preferred way to suspend an account to not only recieve voicemail but to ensure callers know the phone number is active and it gives the ability to leave a message for callers redirecting their call or to set up an extended absence greeting.

celine_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will just go without voicemail for the 3 months. Thanks for the info. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@celine_s 

In order to keep your voicemail active while suspended it can only be done by suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 (or earlier)of your cycle before your renewal date.  You can then access your voicemail by calling your phone number from another phone number and once it connects press "*" and enter your 4 digit voicemail pin #. You now have full access to your voicemail services. Suspension by any other means or after midnight eastern on your renewal date will shut your voicemail services down.

@Anonymous 

Yes....my oh my how things have changed....undoubtedly Dubai's heat fired up that turnaround in our feisty relationship! You have some very fine talents of your own.......😁!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Apparently I was still in a feisty mood with the lovely and talented darlicious at the time. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@celine_s : Suspension by lack of payment - no. Suspension by self-suspend before 11:59pm ET of the last day (the day before the pay before date up top) - yes.

User @darlicious would have a clearer answer.

Be very aware of the 90 days. 12:01am ET of the next day...gone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@celine_s 

I believe it does, yes.  (IF you're within the 90 days)

So you can still receive voicemail, but you cannot retrieve it from the PM device, but need to retrieve them remotely with another.

(EDIT:  the above is subject to check... see further reply below...)

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@celine_s  Voicemail greeting will stop working once your account is suspended (at the end of your paid-up period).

Need Help? Let's chat.