cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does incoming calls minutes get counted in the plan?

Lunagan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi everyone, 

I'm using the $15 plan which gives me 100 minutes canada-wide calls. I found that incoming calls also get counted in the 100 minutes, is that true? could anyone tell me how much I should pay for minutes I exceeded outside of the 100 minutes?

thank you guys. 

11 REPLIES 11

@Lunagan wrote:

I have been using public mobile for over 2 years now but seldom use the forum. you are right, my best option is to buy the $5 add-on which I already did. and I will renew to the new plan on next renewal so I can keep my current add-ons. Thank you for your kind heart. Happy New Year. 

BTW...even if you change plan right away, you'll still have all your add-ons (and any of the PM Holiday minutes and data if you got them). Add-ons are on your account...you won't lose them until you use them up...even if that takes several months or more.

@Lunagan  That makes more sense. Thanks for confirming. You're likely on the old plan.

Simply pick change at next renewal and you will start the new plan and next payment due date.

Also take a look at the link I provided in my other post regarding TEXTNOW. So you can check your voicemail for free. You could also call USA for free. Works on Wifi or Data and whenever traveling happens in the world again it's a great app to keep in touch with people when you're on vacation. As the other people don't need the app. Just the number you get and they can reach you.

All the best in 2021!

Lunagan

I have been using public mobile for over 2 years now but seldom use the forum. you are right, my best option is to buy the $5 add-on which I already did. and I will renew to the new plan on next renewal so I can keep my current add-ons. Thank you for your kind heart. Happy New Year. 

@Lunagan  are you 100 percent sure? I looked at your community forum account and it was only created 3 weeks ago. How long have you been a client with PM?

To change plans you should pick change at next renewal. If you change immediately you will be charged right away and no refunds on unused days. You should buy a $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes for now if plan just recently renewed.

Have you went through your call history in your PM account to confirm that you're being charged for incoming calls? 

If you just recently joined you'd be on the new plan.

Screenshot_20210106_103140.jpg

You'll see what plan you're on. Like this.

Screenshot_20210106_103227.jpg

Does yours say "Unlimited incoming minutes"???

If yes. view you history so you can confirm you're not being charged incoming. If not then Change your plan. 

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Lunagan

Thank you everyone for helping me. 

@Lunagan wrote:

I think I have the old plan. how can I renew to the new plan? it's annoying they sent me text message saying my minutes are out when I just received phone calls. 

@Lunagan 

You can change plans either immediately or at next renewal.  If immediate, you will lose whatever is remaining in your original plan.  No pro-rated plans.  Just choose the $15 plan again.  

Here is help article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

@Lunagan wrote:

I think I have the old plan. how can I renew to the new plan? it's annoying they sent me text message saying my minutes are out when I just received phone calls. 

@Lunagan Go into your self serve and select change plan as shown at the top of the pic. Ignore the red arrow.

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 5.34.50 PM 4.png

Lunagan

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Lunagan  .

No they do not count. Unless you're on old plan and not new one?

Only outgoing. Billed by minute not second. Calling voicemail counts towards the minutes also. But see link below how to call your voicemail and save your minutes with TEXTNOW.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/How-to-15-plan-Check-Voicemail-Free-Textnow...

Take note there is never overcharges with Public Mobile. If you use all up. It just stops. 

Also take note. You can purchase a $5 Canada Wide add-on for 500 minutes. Add-ons will stay on your account until all used up. Plan is used first if you run out then add-on kicks in. When plan renews it will go back to plan minutes and add-on will sit in background for next time it needs to be used.

Two steps to buy and add-on.

1- Add money to your account.

2- Click Purchase add-ons and buy the add-on.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Lunagan wrote:

hi everyone, 

I'm using the $15 plan which gives me 100 minutes canada-wide calls. I found that incoming calls also get counted in the 100 minutes, is that true? could anyone tell me how much I should pay for minutes I exceeded outside of the 100 minutes?

thank you guys. 

@Lunagan How long have you had that plan? I believe the old $15 plan counted all minutes against the 100. If you are on the old plan, go in and change to the new plan (at next renewal).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Lunagan 

Incoming minutes should not count.  Only outgoing minutes.  When did you activate?  The original $15 plan 2.5 years ago had 100 minutes incoming and outgoing.  People had to change to the "newer" $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes.  Did you activate online or in store?  

You could purchase $5 add on for 500 Canada wide minutes.  Unused minutes roll over to next month.  

Need Help? Let's chat.