cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does hotspot data get included in daily usage numbers

marcansell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a 20gb plan. I’ve been streaming to an Amazon fire stick and the usage doesn’t seem to be included in the daily totals but just in the total data usage. 
Any reason for that?

6 REPLIES 6

@marcansell  I have not I  dot use hot spot really , just used data while on the phone .. and when I’m curious I got the refresh button in the pic to see how much I’ve used and got left 

@marcansell 

Public mobile updates its data buckets twice daily for the preceding 12 hour period.

If you look at usage data, you may notice it in the early morning hours and early afternoon hours.

It is not indicative of time of use but cumulative use to that point.

@marcansell wrote:

Thanks. I was looking at the daily usage data to see how much I used each day and it doesn’t seem to show in those numbers just in the total usage. Did you ever notice this?

The numbers in the detailed usage results aren't porvided in real time.  There are delay before those results get updated.  The total usage summary indicating how much you have remaining updates more quickly.

marcansell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks. I was looking at the daily usage data to see how much I used each day and it doesn’t seem to show in those numbers just in the total usage. Did you ever notice this?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@marcansell 

It’ll definitely be included in your public mobile data buckets it was used with mobile data.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@marcansell  Yes hot spotting with your device will use from your 30day cycle data allowance 

Adding keep track of it here 

logged in

Handy1_0-1677174355648.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.