cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Telus / Public Mobile support the Twitter short code 21212?

vanhalen26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does Telus / Public Mobile support the Twitter short code 21212?

It worked when I was with Rogers but I ported over and it stopped.

9 REPLIES 9

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you want an official response, you'd have to contact the Moderator Team, or other actual staff.

How do I contact the Community Moderators?

When will they get back to you?:

• Support hours are in EDT and run Mon-Fri 9AM to 9PM, and Sat-Sun from 9AM to 7:30PM. Outside of these hours they will not be responding to private messages, and will be queued for the next day. So don't worry, they will get to you.
  • Messages are responded to in the order in which they are received, which can affect response time depending on queue length.
  • Usual response time varies between 1-3 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.
  • Please do not send multiple separate private messages, as it slows down support.

vanhalen26

Anyone know how I get a reply from Telus / Public Mobile?  Maybe it’s an oversight they can easily correct.

SIM-phony
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Public has said in the past that they support Twitter's 21212 and 40404 short-codes in this thread from 2015, but that either has changed or broken based on what others have said in this thread. I personally have used none so they may work.

Screenshot_20180630-201749_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

Screenshot_20180630-201920_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I found this web page, seems like it is Public Mobile, but... I think it is old Public Mobile Community before Telus purchased it OR before Public Mobile Community moved to a new network platform.

vanhalen26

Thanks - too technical for me and 100 probably not enough.  Anyway to ask Telus to implement? Seems most carriers do.  Not sure why they wouldn’t.

LEGO

@vanhalen26 There is a workaround posted by @Cheetah24: click here

vanhalen26

Oh, that’s unfortunate.  I picked up some good information in real time that way from some twitter accounts I follow.  How do I request that this gets added?

LEGO

@vanhalen26 No support for Twitter short code 21212 nor 40404

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes they do, you are able to short code with Telus as well. 

Use this link for reference:

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/create-twitter-account-mobile 

Need Help? Let's chat.