cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Public Mobile have good support for SMS Short Codes used in 2-step security.

pelevesque
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm currently using Fongo, but it does not support SMS short codes for 2-step security which is why I want to switch to Public Mobile. I need it for gmail, Apple, hotmail, and a few other services.

I'm in Montréal, Canada.

Is this well supported, or do I need to go with an expensive company.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

asmallrat

I've been using PM for shortcodes (gmail, FB, stripe) with zero issues so far, approaching a year.

I believe you can switch number without any charge every 30 days too, if you need to activate multiple accounts.

@pelevesque  that's just the start of how great PM is. Wait to you start getting rewards like loyalty and referrals. Pretty soon you'll be even more convinced that PM is great.

And to start it off right now. When you do activate a sim card go to link below and collect your free holiday gifts. You have till December 31st.

2 gigs of data free 

500 international calling minutes free 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Happy Holidays!

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've personally never had any issues with short codes. L

pelevesque

Thank you so much everyone.

Your quick and thorough answers really put a smile on my face. It's rare to see something like this nowadays. It really motivates me to get on Public Mobile.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@pelevesque  I'm in MTL and have no issues with short codes. If you do decide to join Public Mobile don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus.

sbk1441
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This should function the exact same way that the other companies allow for. Public is run by Telus the SMS features should be the same! If you still have questions you should reach out to a Moderator!

Need Help? Let's chat.