cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PM accept USA credit cards registered to a USA address....see conflicting information

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Conflicting information on PM website.

1. If you didn’t register a card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

2.  Before you begin:

• Make sure your phone works on the Public Mobile network. Click hereto see if your phone is compatible.
  • Have your Public Mobile SIM card in hand.
  • Get your payment ready. We accept the following credit cards, registered to a Canadian address: VISA, MasterCard and American Express. We also accept VISA debit cards and Public Mobile Payment Vouchers.
  • Check out publicmobile.ca/plansand decide on the plan and Add-Ons you'd like to buy. 

So....do they or do they not accept USA credit cards registered to a USA address?

@darlicious 

6 REPLIES 6

iPhoneUser

@Tiana_V wrote:

Hi @iPhoneUser. That first section is correct, we current accept credit cards isssued by a Canadian or American financial institution registered to a Canadian or American address. 

We will ensure that the second section you've highlighted reflects this. I would just like to confirm, is this from one of our Help Articles? Would you mind linking me to where this second piece of text is from? Thanks!

Tiana

1. USA and Canada

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

2. Canada Only

https://activate.publicmobile.ca

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi @iPhoneUser. That first section is correct, we current accept credit cards isssued by a Canadian or American financial institution registered to a Canadian or American address. 

We will ensure that the second section you've highlighted reflects this. I would just like to confirm, is this from one of our Help Articles? Would you mind linking me to where this second piece of text is from? Thanks!

Tiana

iPhoneUser

Sounds good. 

Thank you. 

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser , we have been told that they do now accept American Credit Cards.  Saying that I don't know of anyone who has tested that out.

So if I mail my cousin in LA a SIM and she sees the application notes that I copy and pasted into #2. They would not feel comfortable. Can you as an Oracle suggest to have the web site application updated?

Just asking...not debating. I’m a stickler for seeing it in black and white or beige and green. 

@iPhoneUser I will create a thread in the Oracle section asking for some clarification and if the website can have clearer directions.  Actually, why don't we just tag @Tiana_V  right into this thread and hopefully she will get to it tomorrow and give us an answer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

iPhoneUser

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser , we have been told that they do now accept American Credit Cards.  Saying that I don't know of anyone who has tested that out.

So if I mail my cousin in LA a SIM and she sees the application notes that I copied and pasted into #2. They would not feel comfortable. Can you as an Oracle suggest to have the web site application updated?

Just asking...not debating. I’m a stickler for seeing it in black and white or beige and green. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.