cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does $15 plan include unlimited incoming calls?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Title says it all.

Wording has been removed from $15 plan details

21 REPLIES 21

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 

Yes, is included.  Used to say in My Account archived version. 

2B44F913-9C29-4483-ACCC-5989F20CE602.jpeg

Then  it disappeared in “Plans” as well. 

I contacted  PM by chat as per below. 

9F456536-16F9-49FE-A52A-F321F1E1076D.jpeg

PM continues to make revisions that leave out unlimited inbound for $15 plan.

In my opinion the My Account should describe the plan you have in its entirety. 

@alanlpm1- The only place that states the unlimited incoming is looking at plan details logged in to the chatbot.

@alanlpm1   The $15 plan includes unlimited incoming minutes as well as 100 outgoing plus 250MB of data each cycle (30 days).  It's just that some details have been omitted in the self serve account.

alanlpm1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just moved from Koodoo Prepaid 15 to PM prepaid 15 for the sole reason of unlimited incoming voice. Please can sometime tell me I didnt make this move in vain. Everywhere I look, I dont see any trace of unlimited in my account. I could start experimenting with calling my number. But would rather spend my time more efficiently.

chuckbeyer

No more unlimited incoming would definitely be big news @redflagdeals and would up the value of alternate devices. Unlimited voip is free. 3 gigs 4g + unlimited calling is $25 @PhoneBox. Both are good options. 

@dabr- Start reading. 🙂 And looking around on the new system.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hmm...interesting, so just tried to log into My Account and PM wants to send a verification code first.  I wonder what else has changed now..

edit:  nice!...like the look of the new self serve account, hopefully it'll also function better too..

@dabr   Yup, the screen shot from plan change

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start also shows 250Mb data for $15

@smp99   no worry, the incoming calls unlimited still here.   Just the site missed the wordings.

We got confirmation from Oracle that there is no change to existing plans... at least not today .. not yet 🙂

I find it curious they removed all traces for "Autopay" and start using the work Pre-Authorized payment. 

Honest, without the $2 bonus for new account, it is good to remove the Autopay requirement for the extra data bonus, less confusion

@softech   Is that screenshot from the account plans' page?  I haven't logged into it yet and just noticed the changes on PM's webpage, but I think the autopay bonus data removal is probably a good idea, much less confusion.

rpc13

I have the $15 unlimited incoming minutes.  I just logged into my account and they removed the unlimited incoming minutes verbiage on the $15 plan!  I hope they didn't take that away from existing customers.

rpc13_0-1657733210211.png

@softech- As usual, mixed messaging. We'll see what comes out as the true version.

@dabr  

that is not true, it's just the wording missed

$15 plan still have unlimited incoming and 250MB

softech_0-1657724314351.png

for the other bonus data, it looks like there is no more requirement of Autopay to get extra 500Mb.  Like $25 plan just showing 1GB without asking for Autopay

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@smp99    The new plans don't mention unlimited incoming minutes for the $15 plan and bonus data with autopay has also been removed from the details for ALL plans.  New customers will probably not get the unlimited incoming minutes anymore.  More changes!

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Having inbound and outbound minutes lumped together sounds feasible. Same as the Telus Prepaid. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There is a possibility that the $15 plan has changed and no longer included unlimited incoming calls.  Those that have the old plan would be grandfathered.  

Edit:  I just saw a screen cap in another thread that shows unlimited incoming calls for this plan when accessed from within the self serve account.  It looks like the plan web page is in error.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It remains to be seen whether this will change after 30 days (it might be illegally changed at your next renewal). But it should be after 30 days.

That's if this is in fact being a plan change. It might not be. We'll see. This goes for the US calling plans too. We'll see.

Adding - there's no such actual thing called grandfathering. If you agree to renew whatever plan is on your account then that's that. This was demonstrated with the old $10 plan.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not worried that it will be removed from my current plan. I am worried that if I move off of it and try to move back I will lose out on unlimited incoming

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I hope so! Nobody told us it was cancelled.

PM should put a note for all plans: Unlimited incoming for all Plans or there will be zillion similar questions and a lot of upset customers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smp99  

Yes, still includes unlimited incoming.

something wrong on the new site and it didn't display it

nothing change with your current plan.  No worry

Need Help? Let's chat.