cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do international minutes get used for Canadian calls if your allotment gets used up?

Gene2u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all,

My wife accidentally called her friend with a pocket dial, and it somehow went on for 115 minutes.  I guess her friend didn’t actually hang up.  My wife only has 100 minutes per month.  However, she received 500 international minutes as a December 2021 bonus.  Now the international minutes show 86 minutes used.  Do you suppose in the absence of a Canadian minute add-on, Public accepted  International minutes?

4 REPLIES 4

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Gene2u 

If you had a potential need for the LD freebie, then consider to purchase the $5 500 minute Canada Wide add on. 

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes that is exactly what happened. A nice little cushion to have for 2 hour pocket dials 😕

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gene2u   yes, the Christmas long distance bonus can be used for making calls within Canada when the 100 minutes are all used up.

However , if the LD bonus are useful for you to call other countries , it would be cheaper the buy the $5 Canada-wide minutes add-on and leave the LD bonus for other countries. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes because those freebie minutes included Canada along with other countries.

Need Help? Let's chat.