cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to buy a new sim card if my old one got damaged?

Marla1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello.

I need to replace my phone because it was damaged with water.  I already have an active phone plan with Public Mobile but will need a new sim card for the new phone.  Do I have to purchase a new sim card or can Public Mobile send one to me? 

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Marla1 

If the SIM was water damaged, try wiping it with rubbing alcohol with a microfibre cloth and see if that works.

Click the Find a store link down below to find one of those corporate stores. Call them to check stock before going.

@Marla1 wrote:

Thanks.  I called a local Koodo/ Telus store.  They no longer sell PM sim cards.  If the old one does not work, I will order one on PM.  I was told they deliver within 3-7 business days.

There are Telus and Koodo store that do sell Public Mobile SIM cards. but likely those are going to to Telus corporately run stores. There are stores that use the Telus and Koodo banners but are actually owned by seperated companies.

Marla1

Thanks.  I called a local Koodo/ Telus store.  They no longer sell PM sim cards.  If the old one does not work, I will order one on PM.  I was told they deliver within 3-7 business days.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Usually it is difficult to damage SIM unless it is physically broken. Try current SIM in any phone and if it does not work then you have to buy a new one and transfer number to it.

@Marla1 Hi they are $10 also it looks like that half price promotion must’ve finished overnight so they are $10 here also but as was suggested it is better to go to your nearest telus or koodo store to pick one up

@Marla1   sim card is $10.  

Better to get it from Koodo or Telus store

I would not suggest to get it from PM online as it could take up to 3 weeks to deliver

You can also get it from Amazon if you have Prime membership for it 2 days shipping

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=asc_df_B07R6P5KBB/?tag=go...

Marla1

Thanks for replying.  I appreciate that.  What is half the price? Is there a promotion? 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Marla1 Hi you will have to purchase a new one yourself since the damage is self-inflicted you can go to your nearest koodo or telus store to purchase one there or you can go on the site here and get one for half price at the moment have a great day

Need Help? Let's chat.