cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get to keep my credits when I cancel?

adamlrosenbaum
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

I will be travelling for 4 months this winter and will be removing my auto-pay option and not paying the next bill as of January 24th. I already earned $47 in credits from various things (auto-pay, referral, $0 for 30 days promo). Once I return, I would like to reactivate my plan. Will my credits still be available to me at that time or do they get retracted when my plan gets cancelled?

11 REPLIES 11

@Luddite  As usual with my awesome computer skills i couldnt get the link to work for the article so i ended up sending the entire article (copied) via private message rather than posting it and just listed the title in the post to be searched and easily found for someone else to share the link ( as @mimmo  did very efficiently). I cant help it if between my brain, my fingers and my tablet that there is often a gigantic fail! This saves my tablet from unnecessary repairs and innocent bystanders outside from flying tablet injuries caused my computer skill prowess. Don't hate me because I'm technologically challenged!!

@darlicious Seriously? You a have solution to share but only via private message! Robot Sad

@adamlrosenbaum this post does not constitute a Solution as a piece is missing

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@adamlrosenbaum 

Dont forget that it is easy to change your plan as well. Go to the lowest priced $15 plan for your last days before leaving or once you get back depending how many days you will use/need your phone before/after your renewal dates. 

AE_Collector

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Daps slightly incorrect. Enable lost stolen a day or two before renewal, not before departure. 90 days starts at when list stolen is enabled.  If renewal is on the 25th and poster leaves the 5th there are 20 day that they could in reality delay the countdown  timer.

@adamlrosenbaum @Here is a good read https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It looks like you don't want to cancel.

You would rather keep your account until you are ready to use it again.

In the meantime, you can suspend your account for up to 89 days without losing your credits. If your account is suspended for 90 days or more, you will lose your phone number and everything else in your account.

For this reason, you will have to pay for 1 month of service while you are away travelling.

1. When you are ready to leave, login your account and report your phone as lost/stolen,

2. After 2 months, login again to report your phone as found and make a payment with your avaialable credit to reactivate your account.

3. Before your next renewal in 30 days, you can report your phone as lost/stolen again.

4. When you return home, login again to report your phone as found and make a payment to reactivate your account.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

I just realised that you have balance, you should suspend by reporting your phone lost otherwise the balance will be consumed.

Did you mean to say "You should NOT suspend by reporting phone lost" ?

AE_Collector

No i meant they should report it lost then the payments should pause

If they just take out the credit card the payments will continue until balance falls below the amount due

@totalUser wrote:

I just realised that you have balance, you should suspend by reporting your phone lost otherwise the balance will be consumed.

Did you mean to say "You should NOT suspend by reporting phone lost" ?

AE_Collector

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I just realised that you have balance, you should suspend by reporting your phone lost otherwise the balance will be consumed. Dont remove your credit card, non payment is not the way to go. The moment you suspend is your day 1, you have 90 days only after that, make sure you get access to your account in about one week LESS than 3 months.you should be safe then

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Every time you pause the account you are not eligible for the next cycle rewards unless you get aproved by moderators. After the first renewal if you are not pausing your account you are 30 days active hence eligible.

Make sure you reactivate before 120 days from your last successful renewal date, and count on moderators response time if anything goes wrong, i wound play safe and give 5 days at least. So mark your calendar 115 days from the last renewal (85 days or so from your last active day) make sure you remove the credit card info if you are not suspending but just letting it to default by nonpayment

@adamlrosenbaum  If you plan it correctly you can keep your credits and use them when you reactivate. The rewards will be held back until you pay to reactivate and then will be applied at your next renewal. You will want to reactivate around day 85 after suspension. I'll find the article you will want to read to suspend your account correctly.

Check your private messages I sent you the article: how to suspend your services for an extended absences.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

No it's all gone if you are suspended for more than 90 days

Login before and reactivate, then you get to keep everything. Rewards don't apply the first time but after that they will

Need Help? Let's chat.